Blue water pipe dimensions

3STTW

It's available on the net, I probably have it buried somewhere, but would be quicker to do a net search. 

The sizes are controlled by the pipe OD, with wall thickness changing based on pressure rating. 

Edited by Artisi

5 minutes ago, Artisi said:

It's available on the net, I probably have it buried somewhere, but would be quicker to do a net search. 

The sizes are controlled by the pipe OD, with wall thickness changing based on pressure rating. 

The reason why I'm asking is that I downloaded a PDF a while back but on a recent visit to HomePro discovered that they're different. I must have seen about a dozen sites on the web, all with slightly different dimensions.

I'm trying to build a dust extraction setup for my workshop and it's really frustrating. I know I'm going to need to make some adapters but I'd like to know what I'm dealing with before I buy.

Last resort is I go back to HP and measure them with a vernier.

12 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

The reason why I'm asking is that I downloaded a PDF a while back but on a recent visit to HomePro discovered that they're different. I must have seen about a dozen sites on the web, all with slightly different dimensions.

I'm trying to build a dust extraction setup for my workshop and it's really frustrating. I know I'm going to need to make some adapters but I'd like to know what I'm dealing with before I buy.

Don't know where you are getting conflicting data from, UPVC for water supply are all to 1 standard, with OD controlled by the standard. 

13 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

Not easy here to go by the label. I take my small steel rule with me and a sample of the the pipe I want to replace for fittings, taps etc so yes just take your vernier calliper with you when you go hunting.

1 hour ago, motdaeng said:

it is from 2015 ... but i think it is still ok!

I see the same in other tables.
Never seen the "5" (bar) pressure variant (extra thin).
Most cheap installation is done with the 8.5 bar variant.

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I see the same in other tables.
Never seen the "5" (bar) pressure variant (extra thin).
Most cheap installation is done with the 8.5 bar variant.

The vast majority of installations round here are in 5 bar, very few in 8.5, few places sell that, and the only place I can reliably find 13.5 is in HomePro.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

very few in 8.5, few places sell that

Completely opposite to all I see here.
Must be a different country.
13.5 available in about every major hardware store.

16 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

None of the 1/2" that I used over the years is different from this.
Available everywhere. (even at mom&pop shops).

20210316_110636.jpg

What you use was, and isn’t, debatable, it’s what you use.

Personally I don’t use blue pipe at all for supply in my current house and prior to that only used 13.5 when replacing pipe that had become brittle or for new work.

But what I, or you, use isn’t material to the point, which is that the 5 is commonly available in the local shops. For 13.5 there is a minimum 110km round trip.