Retirement extension / re-entry permit Udon Thani March 17th

My 5th extension on Non Immigrant (O) visa, no problems to report. Handed in passport, TM7 and TM8, a photo for each form, bank letter, updated bank passbook and Tabien ban (yellow house registration). The Officer looked over the bank letter and passbook very closely. All done in less than an hour. Office was moderately busy (Wednesday). All my extensions at Udon Thani have been overall easy.

Cost for extension and multi entry permit was 5800 baht, same as for previous 4 extensions.. The official handling my paperwork just made a copy of the house registration.. Overall though Udon Thani office does a good job.

• Like 1

Wish Phetchabun was as simple in their requirements I have to provide

TM7 & photo

Copy of Passport face page + all used pages

Copy of TM6 (departure card)

Copy last 90 day report

Form for Acknowledgement of T&C's for Temporary Stay Permit (Financials)

Form STM2 Acknowledgement of T&C's for Temporary Stay Permit (reasons for termination)

Form for Acknowledgment of Penalties A Visa Overstay

Form for House Location Map

Bank Letter

Copy ID page and all used pages of bank book

Copy of Tabian Bann

That was from last year, this year (next month) will probably add something more.

3 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Wish Phetchabun was as simple in their requirements I have to provide

TM7 & photo

Copy of Passport face page + all used pages

Copy of TM6 (departure card)

Copy last 90 day report

Form for Acknowledgement of T&C's for Temporary Stay Permit (Financials)

Form STM2 Acknowledgement of T&C's for Temporary Stay Permit (reasons for termination)

Form for Acknowledgment of Penalties A Visa Overstay

Form for House Location Map

Bank Letter

Copy ID page and all used pages of bank book

Copy of Tabian Bann

That was from last year, this year (next month) will probably add something more.

That's pretty much standard list. The copy of ALL used pages of pp is over kill and should not be required. Thinking its not the chore your making it out to be. For example the 3 different forms you refer to that imm provides is basically just a signature. 

Just now, foreverlomsak said:
4 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I recognize TM7 but what is a TM8

Just dawned on me the application for re-entry permit?

He is an optimist. More power to him!  As for us who did not get a re-entry, multi or single, upon renewal, obviously a pack of pessimists, arf arf. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

For example the 3 different forms you refer to that imm provides is basically just a signature. 

Not much more admittedly, but it's the here's another form fill it in & sign (as my friend found out last week, they handed them out 1 at a time), and then get a new queue ticket each time that is the killer, and he was only doing a 60 day COVID extension.

Phetchabun do not even have a rack of forms for you to select what you want/need, it's get a queue ticket and ask at the application review/approval  desk (even Admin have to get them from there), and you can't use the downloadable TM7 form, they have one with their stamps pre-printed.

18 hours ago, 2495eoj said:

All my extensions at Udon Thani have been overall easy.

I have been going to Udon Thani IO, since they established a permanent one here ...(about 15 years or so  ago) Done 6 others around Thailand--find they really are easy to get along with, I went 6 weeks over on a 90 day --just got the wagging finger--"You should know better- next time maybe a fine"

Never done BKK which seems to be a bit of a horror show.

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

On the basis of the OP's experience I think that we can safely include Udon Thani in that increasingly endangered species called a "non-rogue immigration office"!????

Besides of the 100THB "tip" which they "charge" (If you complain they don't charge it)

Extension (1900) + multi re (3800) = 5700THB

On 3/19/2021 at 9:32 AM, DrJack54 said:

The copy of ALL used pages of pp is over kill and should not be required.

Agreed, but those incompetent clowns back in the UK called HMPO really do IMHO take the biscuit in this regard at passport renewal time here for us Brits. They insist on copies of each and every existing passport page being submitted with renewal applications - used AND unused!!

Edited by OJAS

4 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Agreed, but those incompetent clowns back in the UK called HMPO really do IMHO take the biscuit in this regard at passport renewal time here for us Brits. They insist on copies of each and every existing passport page being submitted with renewal applications - used AND unused!!

That is indeed over kill. At CW they want your ID page. Last entry stamp. Most recent extension stamp and if you have one re-entry stamp. I always include the entry on first page where they noted details of non o. That's it. Regarding photocopies of all pages that's ridiculous. Even though you can do 2 passport pages on to one photocopy, I just checked and note that I would need to provide 31 pages of stamps. PP issued 2016. They keep raising the bar of stupidity.

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Regarding photocopies of all pages that's ridiculous. Even though you can do 2 passport pages on to one photocopy, I just checked and note that I would need to provide 31 pages of stamps. PP issued 2016. They keep raising the bar of stupidity.

We  all know Thailand has what could  justifiably  be called a near fetish about photo copies

Just out of curiosity I for one would be curious to know where all these copies are kept and for how long.