Recovering Samut Sakhon governor warns all not be complacent about COVID-19

webfact

6E1E0273-C027-4C5E-A37D-00B95C30D50C.jpg

Samut Sakhon governor Veerasak Vichitsangsri, who spent 82 days in Siriraj Hospital being treated for a severe COVID-19 infection, including 42 days of unconsciousness on a respirator, said today (Friday) that he never thought he would be able to talk again.

Discharged from hospital today, the governor offered his thanks to all the medical staff involved in his treatment and for their moral support. The governor told the media, in his first press conference since leaving hospital, that he might have looked weak as he entered the room, but he was much worse several days ago.

Being in hospital for 82 days, Governor Veerasak said that he is surprised to be able to talk with everyone again.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/recovering-samut-sakhon-governor-warns-all-not-be-complacent-about-covid-19/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

The Thais will listen but I still see moronic westerners not taking simple precautions. 

Perhaps they might care more if they understand that without a good health insurance it could cost them a lot if they get severe symptoms. 

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Perhaps they might care more if they understand that without a good health insurance it could cost them a lot if they get severe symptoms. 

yes, considering all the responses in that thread about insurance you would think these folks would be even more self protective than the Thais (must be the superior education)

Hey  I just heard that the covid 19 virus is in the house compound where Donald Trump  lives.

Did he really have the virus, before,  or will he get it now, and really show us how tough he really is?

Stay tuned.

Geezer

• Haha 1

It’s real, lost a close work colleague from it in January - he was let go as the project starting mothballing. He went back to USA within a week he had caught COVID from his son-in-law and two weeks after he was gone. The current country I’m working in has strict masking and social distancing rules - the past few weeks I’m noticing an increase in foreigners being banned from working and being sent home due to breaching the rules. Has it been successful hell yes, has it been stressful yep - but having 1 to 2 community cases per week is a fair result. I’ve just got my second vaccination shot, but recognise that i could still end catching this virus as it’s not a magic bullet, but hopefully symptoms won’t be as severe. 
Before I return in July I’ll get some form of covid insurance as I believe it’s better to have it than not use it, than not to have it and end up hospitalised - that would be a large financial drain.

On 3/20/2021 at 3:42 PM, Sjptain said:

It’s real, lost a close work colleague from it in January - he was let go as the project starting mothballing. He went back to USA within a week he had caught COVID from his son-in-law and two weeks after he was gone. The current country I’m working in has strict masking and social distancing rules - the past few weeks I’m noticing an increase in foreigners being banned from working and being sent home due to breaching the rules. Has it been successful hell yes, has it been stressful yep - but having 1 to 2 community cases per week is a fair result. I’ve just got my second vaccination shot, but recognise that i could still end catching this virus as it’s not a magic bullet, but hopefully symptoms won’t be as severe. 
Before I return in July I’ll get some form of covid insurance as I believe it’s better to have it than not use it, than not to have it and end up hospitalised - that would be a large financial drain.

$100,000 USD covid-19 insurance is required to enter Thailand

• Thanks 1