Covid RT-PCR Test

Is the 72 hours the time test is taken or the time you receive the certificate, will the time of the test be on the certificate ?

I was going to have my test at Boots in the U.K., the 72 hours prior to my flight time is 17.30, they close at 17.30, I would have to wait till they open the following day in the morning for the test, the samples are not collected till around 16.00 so I could be cutting it fine to receive the results.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You are wrong. From #4 the certificate of entry website. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

"Medical certificate attesting that the traveler is free from COVID-19 issued no more than 72 hours before travelling"

OKJoe,so  I  could take test a week earlier , so long as result was issued within 3 days. Certainly not the  spirit of a recent test.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I only quoted what the actual rule is.

If you did it a week early there is a good chance the certificate would be is issued before 72 hours.

In many countries 72 hours is not enough time to get the test and have a certificate issued.

I’d be concerned about permission by the airline to board you. Flights to Oz certainly require PCR test taken within 3 days of initial departure and a quick google same for most  int. destinations. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Olmate said:

I’d be concerned about permission by the airline to board you. Flights to Oz certainly require PCR test taken within 3 days of initial departure and a quick google same for most  int. destinations. 

We are discussing what is needed for Thailand not Australia.

This for Thailand on this map from IATA website. Most airlines can access the IATA info.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

image.png.0459a274b56b860bca96552184cfa2ba.png

4 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Dont bother "saving face".... The name of this forum is; Thaivisa.com.....  maybe that

gives you a hint about the destination being Thailand

glegolo

Thanks for your input.Should have checked withu early on! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I forgot to ask in my post if my Thai partner or 6 year old son are hospitalised whilst in quarantine do they have to pay ?

The are covered under the health care program for Thais but there may be some small costs for it.

21 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

She has never worked for several years so wouldn’t have contributed to the Healthcare Programme ?

She would be covered under the standard health care plan that all Thais are eligible for.

• Thanks 1