How do I get a 60 day visa extension in thailand right now?

On 3/25/2021 at 4:17 AM, DrJack54 said:

OP, what's your current situation. Meaning you entered Thailand with visa exemption or tourist visa etc. Have you applied for 30 extension already,? 

Hi Jack

Yeah I entered with a 2 month tourist visa. And I havent applied for a 1 month extension yet, but its coming soon. Im curious how to go about it to get a 2 month covid extension.

4 hours ago, hustler101 said:

Hi Jack

Yeah I entered with a 2 month tourist visa. And I havent applied for a 1 month extension yet, but its coming soon. Im curious how to go about it to get a 2 month covid extension.

I have read where if you entered on visa exempt or tourist visa some offices make you apply for the 30 day extension first. After using that you will be able to apply for the 60 day covid extension. Currently they can only be issued if applied for before end of march, however that police order will be extended soon. Just obtain your 30 extension. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

This is just speculation.

We do not yet know what will happen, and everyone should act as if it will not be extended to avoid any risk.

I'm sure they didn't leave it this late last time. I'm starting to think they might not extend after all. Then again the situation hasn't really changed, so I can't see why they wouldn't.

It's due to expire tomorrow right (the 30th, not the 31st)?

2 minutes ago, Badger18 said:

I'm sure they didn't leave it this late last time. I'm starting to think they might not extend after all. Then again the situation hasn't really changed, so I can't see why they wouldn't.

Think last time was last day or two prior.

Try not to worry, it will be extended.

When does your current extension end?

If it's in April you should/could apply for extension tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Badger18 said:

It's due to expire tomorrow right (the 30th, not the 31st)?

Yes last day to apply is tomorrow (the 30th, not the 31st) according the current approved order.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Badger18 said:

Yes, thanks Jack. I'm keeping an eye out in case I have to hot-foot it over to immigration tomorrow. I have about 4 weeks left on the current one so as long as the announcement comes through there's no rush.

There won't be an "announcement" but news will come through tomorrow evening probably but not to worry as everyone knows it will be extended.