Thailand Police Clearance

I'm a US Citizen and need a Thai Police "Clearance" (criminal background check)  for immigration purposes to another country.  

I understand I can do this in person in Bangkok, or hire a lawyer to do it on my behalf.

In person the cost is 100 baht (details here: https://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/082013_thaipolicecert.pdf)

I've seen a few lawyer websites advertising this service for around 10,000 baht or higher.  This strikes me as quite high for submitting a couple photocopies. 

I'd love recommendations for reliable lawyers who offer this service at a better price.  

I could go in person, but I'm in Phuket and life is a bit busy at the moment, so would be nice to avoid the trip.  

Thank you for any advice or referrals.

Emblem_of_Royal_Thai_Police.png

Edited by twizzler3b

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is an agent the PCS center recommends on the their website. http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

But I cannot get onto the site due it not opening for some unknown reason.

There is a button on the left side of the page that says outsource on it.  The fees mentioned are around 3000 baht.

Thank you Joe.  I also can't view the site at the moment.  Maybe I'll call/email them.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is an agent the PCS center recommends on the their website. http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

But I cannot get onto the site due it not opening for some unknown reason.

There is a button on the left side of the page that says outsource on it.  The fees mentioned are around 3000 baht.

UbonJoe: I believe that would be A-Plus Service & Consulting at that link.

https://www.a-plusservice.com/

I have used them twice because I was in a hurry and my employer(s) were paying anyway. If I remember correctly they charged 4400 baht and I had it done in 5 working days vs more than the month it takes if you do it yourself. They did as advertised. I recommend them.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. On their site it says I'll need fingerprints to be done in Bangkok still, so maybe I can't avoid a trip afterall.  But it also says the process takes days, rather than weeks, so that might make it worth it for me to work through them.

21 minutes ago, twizzler3b said:

Thanks guys. On their site it says I'll need fingerprints to be done in Bangkok still, so maybe I can't avoid a trip afterall.  But it also says the process takes days, rather than weeks, so that might make it worth it for me to work through them.

I would give them a call. I believe they could arrange to have you get your prints taken at a Phuket police office and have them sent to headquarters in Bangkok. No guarantees on that, but they are pretty good at what they do.

Police clearance (from a section inside police hospital Bangkok )  requires one to have a letter either from employer , Immigration or other official source , in Thai ,  before they will even consider any request !!!   Normally the place is full of Thai's obtaining clearance for employment with a letter from their employer .  

9 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Police clearance (from a section inside police hospital Bangkok )  requires one to have a letter either from employer , Immigration or other official source , in Thai ,  before they will even consider any request !!!   Normally the place is full of Thai's obtaining clearance for employment with a letter from their employer .  

there are two places, the one place you are mentioning is for the form to be in thai and you need a letter for work or immigration

the other place is 20 meters away and the form is in English and is for anything else from travelling overeseas etc, someone in my building went through this last week

• Like 1

18 hours ago, toolpush said:

UbonJoe: I believe that would be A-Plus Service & Consulting at that link.

https://www.a-plusservice.com/

I have used them twice because I was in a hurry and my employer(s) were paying anyway. If I remember correctly they charged 4400 baht and I had it done in 5 working days vs more than the month it takes if you do it yourself. They did as advertised. I recommend them.

They know the proper people to pay? Sheesh!

2 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

Not sure if there is a Thai/Farang price difference, but a Thai friend of mine just had hers done for 3500 at the Bangkok office for 5 day return.

that's what was offered to the guy i knew who went last week, he went to the second office which is quieter and for overeseas or travelling, he was quoted the cheap normal price and wait a few weeks or the fast track price and wait a few days

Another option: https://www.thaipolicecertificate.org/

We thought we needed a certificate for my wife recently and are way outside Thailand. Turns out we didn't need it, but we did some research into different options.

The company at the above link (Resolution Immigration) allow the required copies of the passport, Thai visa/stamps, and fingerprints to be emailed to them. They are quite responsive, English is good, and they have a couple of positive reviews on Facebook but we have not been able to find much in the way of referrals otherwise. We would be curious to know if others have used them.

The prices are a bit higher than A-Plus but they allow everything to be done via email and they fill out the application for you, so there is some added value.