Farang Burns Wifes House Down

crocken

wolfmanjack- thanks for the information.

Would also be a legally significant distinction under Thai law between having the building in your name and leasing the land on the one hand, from leasing both the building and the land on the other hand? The latter just seems like it would be a weaker position, but I don't know.

I would say that if you were leasing the building as in peter's case and you destroyed it, you would be in deep *****. He could both be sued and tried in criminal court. Destruction of private property would be the charge.

I do not know about thailand but burning down your own building could be considered arson.

Edited by wolfmanjack

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what i would do either but i would probably go ballistic on them both. That is what the temporary insanity plea is for. Not sure if Thailand allows it.

The thai law does allow for the husband to sue his wife for adultery and also sue the man she was sleeping with.

------------------------------------

There is no provision for temporary insanity plea in LOS. Now daily, constant insanity is fairly routine.

So a nice wad of well placed C4 with mobile phone ignition would not be appropriate right? Just thinking out loud... :D

Bad Karma NO NO NO... :o

Not sure what i would do either but i would probably go ballistic on them both. That is what the temporary insanity plea is for. Not sure if Thailand allows it.

The thai law does allow for the husband to sue his wife for adultery and also sue the man she was sleeping with.

There is no provision for temporary insanity plea in LOS. Now daily, constant insanity is fairly routine.

So a nice wad of well placed C4 with mobile phone ignition would not be appropriate right? Just thinking out loud... :D

Constant insanity by definition would not be temporary insanity.

Nice one liner though.

I guess the c4 could be blamed on the insurgents or the military ?

Arson is criminal damage by fire, and you cannot commit criminal damage against something you own. Therefore if he owned the house he could not be charged. However if he owned the home via a company then it is 51% owned by the thai shareholders, so guilty if they pressed charges. If he damaged the land that the house is on then he could be charged as he cannot own the land. There may be other charges related to endangering life.

If he wanted to be bitter and cut his nose off to spite his face, he would be better demolishing the house than setting it on fire, assuming he owned it outright.

If he wanted to get even, he could stay at the house and have parties all night with groups of sexy young girls, and act like he couldn't care less. I am sure his wife would lose more face in front of the village that way.

Arson is criminal damage by fire, and you cannot commit criminal damage against something you own.

I am not sure that principle necessarily applies in LOS.

How many Thai houses are insured?

Lastly insurance companies will not pay out in self inflicted damage. :o

Try crashing into your own car and then making a claim.

Arson is criminal damage by fire, and you cannot commit criminal damage against something you own. Therefore if he owned the house he could not be charged. However if he owned the home via a company then it is 51% owned by the thai shareholders, so guilty if they pressed charges. If he damaged the land that the house is on then he could be charged as he cannot own the land. There may be other charges related to endangering life.

If he wanted to be bitter and cut his nose off to spite his face, he would be better demolishing the house than setting it on fire, assuming he owned it outright.

If he wanted to get even, he could stay at the house and have parties all night with groups of sexy young girls, and act like he couldn't care less. I am sure his wife would lose more face in front of the village that way.

ok. So if it is insured and he tried to collect the insurance then the insurance fraud would constitute criminal damage by fire therefore can be charged with arson? If no insurance or if he did not try to collect then no arson or insurance fraud ? As I said i am not a lawyer so i am trying to learn something here.

The problem with demolishing the house is that it takes much longer than setting it on fire. We still do not know if anyone was home so endangering life maybe maybe not.

Your idea of having the parties with young girls may be a good one. Also remember thai law allows compensation from your wife for adultery and compensation from the man she had sex with for taking liberties with your wife.

For all of you guys that are screwing around on your wife in thailand remember that she could sue you for adultery, loss of face, and undue embarrassment.

By the way, making someone lose face in public is illegal here.

state six, the only thing wrong wioth your idea is there are no groups of sexy young girls in the sticks.

half a dozen-weeklong-bar fines, promisses of upcountry trip, generous bonus tip at the end and lots of Beer Chang/SangSom/Rice Whiskey free for all should sort out this minor problem.. ahh forgot Som Tum available 24/7 and 2 TV's, one playing channel 3 soaps, the other playing channel 7...

state six, the only thing wrong wioth your idea is there are no groups of sexy young girls in the sticks.

half a dozen-weeklong-bar fines, promisses of upcountry trip, generous bonus tip at the end and lots of Beer Chang/SangSom/Rice Whiskey free for all should sort out this minor problem.. ahh forgot Som Tum available 24/7 and 2 TV's, one playing channel 3 soaps, the other playing channel 7...

udon thani is not too far away. They have sexy young girls there or not ??? How about nong khai ?

Constant insanity by definition would not be temporary insanity.

Nice one liner though.

I guess the c4 could be blamed on the insurgents or the military ?

-------------------------------

So based on that logic Semtec is out as well? :D

LOst track here. This guy was German right?

This behaviour was not the norm.

Most Germans would have pretended to forgive for just long enough to sell the house from under her and been back in the FRG with the proceeds before she saw through the plot.

udon thani is not too far away. They have sexy young girls there or not ??? How about nong khai ?

Sakon nakhon is only 20 klm away and many sexy girls there in golden ponds night club or next door in the new go go bar (opened 3 months ago).The main road out of Sakon nakhon has short time motel rooms every 10 klms there are many horny old men around here helping school girls with there fees.

Sakon nakhon is only 20 klm away and many sexy girls there in golden ponds night club or next door in the new go go bar (opened 3 months ago).The main road out of Sakon nakhon has short time motel rooms every 10 klms there are many horny old men around here helping school girls with there fees.

I love Thailand :D:o:D golden ponds, golden ponds, golden ponds... aahhh yes, helping out with school fees

Well who knows what to do in that situation, sounds like a plan to me though. :o

Of course he's gonna be liable for prosecution for that isn't he? Whether he bought the house or not it's more than likely to be in her name .

in thailand, it seems that the house can be owned by a person other than the one in whose name the land is registered. if he paid for the building, technically it is his own property. he might have an issue with bylaws about setting a fire/endangering others, etc but i doubt that he would be prosecuted for burning his own property.

hope she was inside at the time................

frikkie

I know first hand quite a few thai women who are married to foreigners who work abroard, while the husbands away the boyfriend moves in. :D

In once case, the husband was wanting to retire but his wife had told him he had to keep on working for another 5 years :o

Edited by TopDogger