Farang Burns Wifes House Down

crocken

I was visiting friends in a village near munglia 20klm from sakon Nakhon,when i came upon a 3 story house that had been burned and partly destroyed.I asked a few locals what had happened but no one wanted to speak of it.But in the next village i was told of the german guy who came home from a trip overseas to find his thai wife in bed with another man.He was so angry he set fire to their house then returned the next day with some guys and started to destroy what was left.I thought this very sad to destroy such a nice house.After telling a few farangs this story they all said they would do the same if their wifes/girlfriends played up on them .

it seems you can not throw her out so the next best thing is to destroy the house.So there it is a burnt out shell in the middle of the village.I thought such a waste.

So what would you do if this happened to you.......my self i would just walk away and start a new life.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what would you do if this happened to you.......my self i would just walk away and start a new life.

Easier said than done I think, can you imagine the pain and the fury!?

Good on him for paying her back but not a totally wise move burning down her house :D I bet the police aren't far behind him :o

A similar story has been posted elsewhere I think.

There was also a one where the family were rying to get a guy out after the wife had died so they could have the house - he burned that one down but there was a debate whether the story was apocryphal or not.

I really do not know what I would do in that situation??

If I had bought the house and knew she would have it if I walked away and I could not stay there in anger burning it down might be cathartic.

Then the rational might take over ;-) The villagers might kill me, what is the law on this?

This is a great argument for not building in her own vilage or too far out in the sticks though is it not?

A similar story has been posted elsewhere I think.

There was also a one where the family were rying to get a guy out after the wife had died so they could have the house - he burned that one down but there was a debate whether the story was apocryphal or not.

I really do not know what I would do in that situation??

If I had bought the house and knew she would have it if I walked away and I could not stay there in anger burning it down might be cathartic.

Then the rational might take over ;-) The villagers might kill me, what is the law on this?

This is a great argument for not building in her own vilage or too far out in the sticks though is it not?

he surely built the house,but unless its in a company he is in big trouble :o

Of course he's gonna be liable for prosecution for that isn't he? Whether he bought the house or not it's more than likely to be in her name .

That’s why it would be best to convince the wife that you want to build her a bigger house. Don’t want to add on to the existing place because you want the new home to be way better. Getting her agreement to tear down said existing house (to make room for the new bigger/better house).

Once demolition of the existing house has been completed simple bugger off.

Revenge is a meal best served cold.

Chances are he got away with it. From personal experience, Thai police rarely intervene with "domestic" issues, just too messy with so many baseless accusations and little evidence.

You gotta give the guy credit for his no-nonsense style approach though!

Of course he's gonna be liable for prosecution for that isn't he? Whether he bought the house or not it's more than likely to be in her name .

That’s why it would be best to convince the wife that you want to build her a bigger house. Don’t want to add on to the existing place because you want the new home to be way better. Getting her agreement to tear down said existing house (to make room for the new bigger/better house).

Once demolition of the existing house has been completed simple bugger off.

Revenge is a meal best served cold.

I heard a story like that last year.

Can not remember where now but I remember telling Thai friends about it. My colleague who was educated overseas etc said laughed and said good job while the Isaan girls were shocked a farang had the gumption to do that and sympathies were with the thai girl.

I remember reading a story about a farang whose Thai wife died of cancer after many years of marriage. Before her body was cold her relatives had already started stealing things from their home. Within days they were telling him to get out of the house and leave the village, negotiating who would get his property. He was naturally very upset how they all of the sudden turned on him after his wife’s death so he gave away all his belongings and fixtures from his house to a fellow farang building a house in another village. When the relatives seen this they brought the police to try and stop him with threats but the police said he could do nothing the contents belonged to the farang. After he cleared everything from the house he piled a bunch of wood and garbage lighting it on fire destroying the house then left the village.

His step daughter who was going to university in Bangkok was close to him and was very embarrassed about the behaviour of her relatives. She got all her mothers gold jewellery. Her relatives tried to convince her that they would take better care of her mother’s gold and would give it back to her once she finished school. Fortunately the daughter seen right through their greed and ignored them.

I don’t know if the story was true but if so what a bunch of vultures. I would happily do the same in that situation.

Not sure what i would do either but i would probably go ballistic on them both. That is what the temporary insanity plea is for. Not sure if Thailand allows it.

The thai law does allow for the husband to sue his wife for adultery and also sue the man she was sleeping with.

I heard that there was a guy in Si Saket who had taken a JCB or a HI-Mac to his house and flattened it...lol.

I once met a Farang in Pattaya who had arrived at a guys house with some air con units in the back of a pick up, he told me that his wife had been killed on a motorcycle and then the Family wanted the house that he had built and paid for that was on their land.

He said he liked the Village and he wanted to stay, maybe even marry another local girl sometime in the future....no way, they wanted him out...

So he took whatever he could, even down to the light fittings and switches, smashed the sinks and toilets, hammered holes in the ceilings and the roof and walked away.

Sounds more like a farang urban legend. Like the ones about the inlaws keeping old bedridden falangs barely alive or imprisoned in their own homes but living on their pensions.

:o

These things happen.

I know of a farang who bought a house in his wife's name and shared his bank account with his wife.

They have broken up and the wife cleared out the bank account and stopped all his credit cards as well...........

He has no money until his next pay cheque and no bank account to pay it into either.

We cannot afford to be too trusting. :o

Sounds more like a farang urban legend. Like the ones about the inlaws keeping old bedridden falangs barely alive or imprisoned in their own homes but living on their pensions.

You don't remember the case of that British copper who was kept and slowly poisoned while his wife lived off his pensions?

I can understand the anger, but this is a criminal act in most countries and liable to earn him a trip to the slammer. Certainly not worth it. Better to try to establish her honesty (if such is possible) before buying houses, etc. If not, assume the worst and you won't be surprised.

I heard that there was a guy in Si Saket who had taken a JCB or a HI-Mac to his house and flattened it...lol.

Same thing happened around here a couple of years ago, except the guy used one of those large tractors.

He had found his wife's bank book and discovered recent 'payments in' from a couple of different countries.

He hasn't been seen since, but the reaction of most of the locals was on his side, the main school of thought was that it should happen to wives that lie and cheat. Ok, none of us are ever going to be Thai, but the family unit is incredibly important even when it contains a westerner.

Would I do it? That I could not answer.

//edit/Iliketoedit

Edited by Thaddeus

I remember reading a story about a farang whose Thai wife died of cancer after many years of marriage. Before her body was cold her relatives had already started stealing things from their home. Within days they were telling him to get out of the house and leave the village, negotiating who would get his property. He was naturally very upset how they all of the sudden turned on him after his wife’s death so he gave away all his belongings and fixtures from his house to a fellow farang building a house in another village. When the relatives seen this they brought the police to try and stop him with threats but the police said he could do nothing the contents belonged to the farang. After he cleared everything from the house he piled a bunch of wood and garbage lighting it on fire destroying the house then left the village.

His step daughter who was going to university in Bangkok was close to him and was very embarrassed about the behaviour of her relatives. She got all her mothers gold jewellery. Her relatives tried to convince her that they would take better care of her mother’s gold and would give it back to her once she finished school. Fortunately the daughter seen right through their greed and ignored them.

I don’t know if the story was true but if so what a bunch of vultures. I would happily do the same in that situation.

Thats one of the stories I refer to

It was on Stickmans site I think

There was a debate about whether Stickman had been had on some boards and if i remember correctly even Stickman did not know if he had been had in the end.

You don't remember the case of that British copper who was kept and slowly poisoned while his wife lived off his pensions?

Ex-Copper from Leicester it was if I am not mistaken.

Managed to get a message to a passing farang monk

His brother and mother came out rescue him I think it was - in the paprs back home.

I feel sorry for that guy who got cheat but it doesn't matter how much you mad and how many things you destroy, only one thing in your heart is painful coz the feeling down and unhappy at the moment. Time will help him to be normal as the nature give us.

People hurt people coz hunger never enough!

Edited by sainarm

I feel sorry for that guy who got cheat but it doesn't matter how much you mad and how many things you destroy, only one thing in your heart is painful coz the feeling down and unhappy at the moment. Time will help him to be normal as the nature give us.

People hurt people coz hunger never enough!

WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT ???? What a load of cobblers... If this is true then good on im, was his missus & the other guy still in the house when he burnt it down? :o

All depends on the circumstances, doesn't it?

Bought a house for my wife - expected it to be put in her name. Suggested we added the daughter's name as well, just in case.

Wife said no - and added my name to the (Thai) document. I cannot own the house, but if she dies I have the temporary ownership - must sell within one year. If anything should happen I will sell to my daughter (now approaching ten years old) and thus keep the status quo.

No other part of the family will get a look in. But then we live in Pattaya and the family are in Chaiyaphum and Nonthaburi. If we all lived close to each other there could be other dark influences brought to bear.