Retirement extension Uthai Thani

This may help someone who uses that IO. Did my retirement  extension yesterday using the income method and it only took 28 minutes. Took four hours to get the bank letters.  From the bank I had two letters, one showing ownership and current balance and the other listing monthly FTT deposits for 12 months each exceeding the required 65,000 THB but something  new this year, they wanted a copy for my bank book for the last 12 months, which I had and was told to bring it with me whenever  I cone to the IO like 90 day reports. Not a big deal but glad I had it in my stack of papers.

• Thanks 1

They are the new rules in all emigration centers to verify that you have the money 12 months a year against the visa agents that are currently being eliminated. Expatriates now no longer have any recourse just to change country or return to their country of origin, the Thai government only wants expatriates who are rich or at least have the ability to spend on the example of Malaysia.

3 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

They are the new rules in all emigration centers to verify that you have the money 12 months a year against the visa agents that are currently being eliminated. Expatriates now no longer have any recourse just to change country or return to their country of origin, the Thai government only wants expatriates who are rich or at least have the ability to spend on the example of Malaysia.

Won't last. The agents are a main source of a revenue stream for immigration.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Won't last. The agents are a main source of a revenue stream for immigration.

For now and in the opposite direction complicating life for all expatriates, everyone has to show bank funds now if you don't have them see to find another solution quickly bro

8 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

For now and in the opposite direction complicating life for all expatriates, everyone has to show bank funds now if you don't have them see to find another solution quickly bro

It's only complicating the lives of expats that do not meet immigration's criteria and shouldn't be on that particular visa.

I go the 800k route and never touch the money.

48 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Are you saying that the only route now is the 800k/400k in the bank, how about the monthly Income option, or even combination route.

Have you proof that the agents "are currently being eliminated".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Are you saying that the only route now is the 800k/400k in the bank, how about the monthly Income option, or even combination route.

The supreme irony is that, even though the OP is using the 65k monthly income method, he has still apparently been told to bring his passbook with him each and every time he needs to have dealings at the Udon Thani office for some reason which escapes me!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Why you ask me ? Ask your immigration office for new rules

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

The supreme irony is that, even though the OP is using the 65k monthly income method, he has still apparently been told to bring his passbook with him each and every time he needs to have dealings at the Udon Thani office for some reason which escapes me!

OP said it was Uthai Thai, not Udon Thani  office, not that it makes any difference except the latter  are not requesting sight of a bank passbook  for those on the income method when doing  90 day reports, or at least not as of pm yesterday afternoon !

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Why you ask me ? Ask your immigration office for new rules

1. I asked you for clarification of your comment on what you believe the new rules to be.

2. I also asked you for some proof of your assertion that the agents "are currently being eliminated", nobody else has reported this that I have seen, and I know many that use them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

It's only complicating the lives of expats that do not meet immigration's criteria and shouldn't be on that particular visa.

I go the 800k route and never touch the money.

I think at uthai thani  IO they will also have to produce the bank book. Just like I did.

6 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

I think at uthai thani  IO they will also have to produce the bank book. Just like I did.

Is this why on-line reporting and TM30 is down and also possibly why so many people are having difficulties with reporting by post to make us attend the Office more often.

I have also noted posts stating that their 90 day report dates are being reset to align with their extension dates.

9 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

1. I asked you for clarification of your comment on what you believe the new rules to be.

2. I also asked you for some proof of your assertion that the agents "are currently being eliminated", nobody else has reported this that I have seen, and I know many that use them.

You may not have read that other commentators have written on Thaivisa that there are now new rules that require you to show every three months the deposit you have in the bank or that you receive, so if this is true I do not see how the agents could do the their work, now as I have already indicated contact your immigration and see with them if what other immigrants office say is general in Thailand., If you are in this condition you need clear and official answers.

Good luck.

39 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

You may not have read that other commentators have written on Thaivisa that there are now new rules that require you to show every three months the deposit you have in the bank or that you receive, so if this is true I do not see how the agents could do the their work, now as I have already indicated contact your immigration and see with them if what other immigrants office say is general in Thailand., If you are in this condition you need clear and official answers.

Good luck.

As far as I have seen it is only a limited number of offices that are issuing 3 month report back notifications, and Jomtien are only giving report back notifications to non agent submissions. So I don't think your assertion that the rules have changed is valid.

You have also failed to provide any proof that the agents are being "eliminated" other than your assertion that  "I do not see how the agents could do the their work".

I have in the next 2/3 weeks to submit my annual extension application to one of the most difficult Immigration offices, if you are right in your assertions then I will have major problems, we will see.

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

As far as I have seen it is only a limited number of offices that are issuing 3 month report back notifications, and Jomtien are only giving report back notifications to non agent submissions. So I don't think your assertion that the rules have changed is valid.

You have also failed to provide any proof that the agents are being "eliminated" other than your assertion that  "I do not see how the agents could do the their work".

I have in the next 2/3 weeks to submit my annual extension application to one of the most difficult Immigration offices, if you are right in your assertions then I will have major problems, we will see.

What I said that the agents will be eliminated is just my observation if some immigration offices begin to check every three months it is evident that it is on the orders of Bangkok, which will then be applied to all offices is still to be verified and it is clear that the government indicates that it wants to go in this direction. I have no contact with Thai government authorities to validate my view. I did this analysis only to make those who use agents careful to prepare in time for a possible extension refusal, you know well that a refusal case will only have a few days to leave the country so having a plan B is always better than not having it , even if now with this Covid everything has become more complicated. I hope that I was wrong and that you have no problems with the extension.

On 3/26/2021 at 10:23 AM, ICELANDMAN said:

Did my Retirement extension on Thursday at Hua Hin.  Income method.  50 minutes because there was a  queue of 5 in front.

Presented an annual statement, one letter from bank, updated bank book that day, but does not even have the full 12 months deposits showing.  Exactly the same format as last year without any new rules!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let ne add ti this since I started it, My intent was for information to only those who use the Uthai Thani  province i immigration office. Not announce any new rules ,etc.. IOs can ask for whatever they need to prove income  and other items like place of residence. The IO at Uthai Thani wants to see a bank book that is up to them.  The province is large and some have to travel a long way on back roads to get to IO which is located close to the Nakon Sawan province border. It's even located several K from the city of Uthai Thani. It's a 40 minute drive from where I live. If someone had to go back and get a bankbook it could ruin someone's day.

Are you saying that the only route now is the 800k/400k in the bank, how about the monthly Income option, or even combination route.

Define Agents? 

If you mean Bonefide agents who are coming into boarder crossings with Passports for migrant workers from niehboring countries. Then obviously it's a no.

If its scammers and schemers then its a yes. 

They are being eliminated since 90 day boarder hopping was stopped last year.

Visa runs STOPPED most of the scheming agents from processing a no income, no deposit extention. 

There is the proof in the pudding. 

• Confused 1

On 3/27/2021 at 8:49 PM, foreverlomsak said:

Completely agree. Report back has been in operation in Jomtien for ages but this does not apply to agent applications. Its relatively easy to get a retirement extension in Pattaya for 13k