Travel to Phuket

If I travel from the USA to Phuket in July, as there is no quarantine, does anyone know if after 1 to 2 weeks you can leave Phuket to visit other parts of Thailand?

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If in July there is no quarantine then you can travel to anywhere in Thailand.

If quarantine is still in place in some form then you can travel wherever after your quarantine.

AFTER a 7 days stay in one hotel on the island.. Than ur free to travel elsewhere in the country

All you need is ur 2 shots and a smart phone with the Thai channa app on it to track ur movements

Phuket is fantastic now, nicest, cleanest i have seen in 35 years

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

AFTER a 7 days stay in one hotel on the island.. Than ur free to travel elsewhere in the country

All you need is ur 2 shots and a smart phone with the Thai channa app on it to track ur movements

7 days? Is that a proposal or fact.

13 hours ago, Craigf said:

If I travel from the USA to Phuket in July, as there is no quarantine, does anyone know if after 1 to 2 weeks you can leave Phuket to visit other parts of Thailand?

Nobody knows yet.  They probably won't even make a decision until late June.  Maybe they won't even open in July.  It's all just guesswork at this point.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Thanks this helps.

12 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Just going by newspaper reports, it seems the only requirement will be that you stay in Phuket, not necessarily in the same hotel, for 7 days.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Just going by newspaper reports, it seems the only requirement will be that you stay in Phuket, not necessarily in the same hotel, for 7 days.

And this is a Sandbox in Phuket

plan...unlikely to leave the island.

Its for TOURISTS. NOT OTHERS...

15 hours ago, Craigf said:

I will probably make a reservation and then see what happens.

Make sure it's refundable.

There will probably only be a limited number of expensive certified hotels you will be required to stay at for the first week or two.  Also expect multiple covid tests after you arrive.

5 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

Make sure it's refundable.

There will probably only be a limited number of expensive certified hotels you will be required to stay at for the first week or two.  Also expect multiple covid tests after you arrive.

I think you're missing the point. The plan seems to be to open up Phuket as normal in July for vaccinated tourists and there's no mention in the reports of the requirements you mentioned. Of course it might turn out to be that way but no mention of it at the moment.

Edited by edwardandtubs

49 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I think you're missing the point. The plan seems to be to open up Phuket as normal in July for vaccinated tourists and there's no mention in the reports of the requirements you mentioned. Of course it might turn out to be that way but no mention of it at the moment.

The details just haven't been determined yet.  They have said they will go quarantine free on July 1, and nothing else.

Anyone who thinks you are just going to arrive at phuket airport on July 1st, and then roam around with no further testing or monitoring is crazy.  

Look at the Samui July 1st reopening plan announced today--can't leave hotel grounds for 3 days.  Tested on day 3.  Then you can leave the hotel as part of a supervised tour only.  Tested again on day 7.  Then you can go around Samui on your own.  Day 14 you can go to other parts of Thailand.  Expect phuket to be similar.

Can anyone confirm how the government will announce publicly what the official decision is on opening Phuket with no quarantine.

My UK vaccinated wife and I are happy to stay in a Phuket hotel for around 10 days while we put a boat back in the water but need to confirm we can travel for the birth of our grandchild in Bangkok as soon as ‘Island Quarantine’ is finished. 

If we cannot travel Phuket to BKK then we go straight to BKK and do the hotel quarantine there.

Where will we find the definitive rules once decided? 

Anyone know? 

On 3/29/2021 at 4:01 PM, Phillip9 said:

The details just haven't been determined yet.  They have said they will go quarantine free on July 1, and nothing else.

Anyone who thinks you are just going to arrive at phuket airport on July 1st, and then roam around with no further testing or monitoring is crazy.  

Look at the Samui July 1st reopening plan announced today--can't leave hotel grounds for 3 days.  Tested on day 3.  Then you can leave the hotel as part of a supervised tour only.  Tested again on day 7.  Then you can go around Samui on your own.  Day 14 you can go to other parts of Thailand.  Expect phuket to be similar.

Forget Samui. Different governors will  make different decisions. It's that way since the pandemic started