Honda CRF300L & CRF300R Accessories and upgrades!

Tagged

Just ordered the CRF300L and start searching for accessories. Would be nice to have a thread with links to where to buy, and what you plan to do, and what you have done. Keep it Neat and Clean! 

The first thing I am looking for is crash bars, skid bash plate, windshield, and rear rack for luggage, and a decent soft bag system. 

13 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The first thing I would be looking for is how to get the suspension to regular height, by default it comes with lowered suspension here in Thailand and looks funny.

Thats the deal with this, when my gf tagg along, she use the crf, and I use my 500x, so therefor, but if she will be really serious about it, I will get the R later. Therefor the seat setting on this bike was great, and to be true, Im not going to be doing to much hardcore stuff, but simular to this in 2. pic will be nice to get past 

D3BC7FAA-6F23-41C5-9D06-9A7C6870EA83.jpeg

DB7DA150-562F-4144-8089-CB65478BE7DB.jpeg

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Crash bars and skid bash plate do not fit as far I know? 

All that has changed is the displacement - except for things like fuel tank, gauge cluster, suspension travel.

All bolt on bits - racks, bars, crash protection should remain the same as the frame is shared.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

All that has changed is the displacement - except for things like fuel tank, gauge cluster, suspension travel.

All bolt on bits - racks, bars, crash protection should remain the same as the frame is shared.

Im sorry, but Im not convinced, and not either at all from what I heard other places so far. 

New engine based on the engine is based on the CBR300R, and new frame is put in as well, so to me it doesnt look anything like the old bike?  

https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/crf300l-crf300-rally-unveiled-thailand/

5 hours ago, canthai55 said:

I have the 300 conversion on my 250 - all Honda parts.

Only parts are internal - external remains the same.

Go talk to your 'other places'

I will tell you when I know more. Getting the bike in one month, so have time to find out from those who already got the bike. It is a new engine, new frame so, 

21 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Without having the chance to put them side by side yet I'm not really sure what will cross over, I do know the rad is on the opposite side and the frame no longer has a rear sub-frame though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Not true of the rack, I can confirm. My 250 rack won’t fit my new 300. About 1cm shorter. Frame is definitely different dimensions. Seat shorter too. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CMMCB said:

My 250 rack won’t fit my new 300. About 1cm shorter.

Never seen this. So ALL racks won't fit - OK

Shop who does the 300 upgrade has same racks on both models.

Front is fixed to seat mount bolts, rear is adjustable. At least mine - and others - are.

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Never seen this. So ALL racks won't fit - OK

Shop who does the 300 upgrade has same racks on both models.

Front is fixed to seat mount bolts, rear is adjustable. At least mine - and others - are.

Think you’re confusing the 250-300 engine upgrade with the new 2021 300 model, which I think the OP is discussing. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got my L this week and did my first off roading today. The first thing I need is hard guards. It's disappointing Honda put hand guards on the rally and not the L, but that might make an easy fix. Would the hand guards from the rally fit on the L?

The main reason I bought this bike is because of the low seat. I am 172cm tall and new to dirt biking. Every other dirt bike was too high, including the rally. First time out today putting my feet down saved me several times. Yall ogres better get used to it, a lot more Asians buying bike than anyone else.