Doing your ASQ in Pattaya

4 hours ago, AUinAsia said:

I am seeing some really good ASQ options in Pattaya that seem like much better value for money than the Bangkok options. Can I book these if I am arriving in Suvarnabhumi airport?

All the ones I've looked at offer pick up from BKK.  Sometimes it's built into the total package cost and sometimes a separate cost.  2,000 baht extra is the highest I've seen and all have mentioned it on their brochure/flyer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you can if the hotel provides transport from Suvarnabhumi.

This is correct, and majority of the ASLQ hotels in Pattaya do actually provide transportation directly from Suvarnabhumi.

Like mentioned here some hotels include the transportation fee, and others charge an extra fee up to 2,000 THB++.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davidcraig said:

Yes. And I would recommend the Best Bella hotel in Pattaya. Very large rooms with large balconies, some with sea views. Kitchenettes with full-size fridges in rooms and Netflix.

Full size fridge with no beer. Excellent

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am trying to get a 10 day quarantine package from Amber Hotel Pattaya, but they don’t respond to queries.

If they fail to accommodate your queries how do you think they will respond once they have your money?

The same thing happened to me with an ASQ I was about to choose, they failed to respond in a timely manner. When they did respond it was too late, I’d already chosen elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am trying to get a 10 day quarantine package from Amber Hotel Pattaya, but they don’t respond to queries.

You have other options; exercise them and say bye bye Amber (like Jonny Depp).

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I think its because 7 day quarantine just came out since that is a better option if vaccinated.

checklist_EN-3-1024x731.jpg

4 hours ago, jimn said:

No ASQ in Pattaya. Think about it before you reply lol

Technically you're right, but your comment is a bit misleading... there's no ASQ in Pattaya because outside Bkk they call it ALQ, which are exactly the same thing. 

I did my quarantine in Pattaya, at Aster Hotel, and everything was great (well....as great as a quarantine can be..). They include pick up at the airport, and they were able to accommodate my food requirements. Little balcony but open from day 1 (a must for a smoker like me), nice modern room, with kitchen area, kettle, fridge and microwave. Very quick to respond at any query 

Edited by tarzanet

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Who told you that. Read some of the earlier posts about it.

Come on UJ, I didnt think it would be you that would be fooled by my post. I say again there are no ASQ'S in Pattaya. There are however many ALQ (Alternate Local Quarantine) in Pattaya. All ASQ 'S are in Bangkok.

5 hours ago, tarzanet said:

Technically you're right, but your comment is a bit misleading... there's no ASQ in Pattaya because outside Bkk they call it ALQ, which are exactly the same thing. 

I did my quarantine in Pattaya, at Aster Hotel, and everything was great (well....as great as a quarantine can be..). They include pick up at the airport, and they were able to accommodate my food requirements. Little balcony but open from day 1 (a must for a smoker like me), nice modern room, with kitchen area, kettle, fridge and microwave. Very quick to respond at any query 

I did say think carefully before replying and yes you have thought about it. I am right, there are no ASQ'S in Pattaya. All ASQ'S are in Bangkok. Its the same comparison which many people correct when they say I have a retirement visa when in reality they have an extension of stay based on Retirement.

Ok so for a foreign visitor can stay in an ASQ or ALQ?

,,, I thought ALQ was for national Thai citizens?

If we foreigner can stay in ALQ, why make the labelled distinction that a ASQ vs ALQ is different....

Where do Thai locals stay for their quarantine?

12 hours ago, silicastorm said:

Ok so for a foreign visitor can stay in an ASQ or ALQ?

,,, I thought ALQ was for national Thai citizens?

If we foreigner can stay in ALQ, why make the labelled distinction that a ASQ vs ALQ is different....

Where do Thai locals stay for their quarantine?

-yes

- nope 

- the difference is just the name and what the acronym stands for ASQ (alternative state quarantine) ALQ (Alternative local quarantine). At the beginning there was only the possibility to quarantine in Asq in Bkk. When they gave the chance to quarantine outside BKk they came up with a new name, just to differentiate the two I suppose 

-Thais can stay and pay in Asq / Alq  or they can stay for free in State Quarantine (which, to make it even more confusing might be the same place, but they cannot choose it)

On 4/1/2021 at 9:25 AM, jimn said:

No ASQ in Pattaya. Think about it before you reply lol

You’re muddying the waters, its just an acronym...  there is quarantine in many areas of Thailand now, some free for Thai’s only, others for non-Thai’s and those Thai’s who want to chose their own quarantine which is paid for and in many cases more luxurious.

People are getting hung up on the acronyms... so here... 

SQ - State Quarantine (In Bangkok, Thai’s only, free, no choice given)

ASQ - Alternate State Quarantine (in Bangkok about 130 hotels to chose from, anyone (usually non-Thais and wealthier Thai’s) have to pay)

LSQ - Local State Quarantine (Outside of Bangkok, Thai’s only, free, Thai’s may get a choice)

ALSQ also listed as ALQ - Alternate Local State Quarantine (Outside of Bangkok; Chonburi, Phuket, Buriram, anyone (usually non-Thais and wealthier Thai’s) have to pay)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You’re muddying the waters, its just an acronym...  there is quarantine in many areas of Thailand now, some free for Thai’s only, others for non-Thai’s and those Thai’s who want to chose their own quarantine which is paid for and in many cases more luxurious.

People are getting hung up on the acronyms... so here... 

SQ - State Quarantine (In Bangkok, Thai’s only, free, no choice given)

ASQ - Alternate State Quarantine (in Bangkok about 130 hotels to chose from, anyone (usually non-Thais and wealthier Thai’s) have to pay)

LSQ - Local State Quarantine (Outside of Bangkok, Thai’s only, free, Thai’s may get a choice)

ALSQ also listed as ALQ - Alternate Local State Quarantine (Outside of Bangkok; Chonburi, Phuket, Buriram, anyone (usually non-Thais and wealthier Thai’s) have to pay)

It was a wind up post on April fools day, get over it and get a sense of humour.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1