Any info about Thai Passport 10 years validity?

Anyone can enlighten me how and where to get Thai Passport with 10 years validity? Is it available at MBK passport division? Or Southern Bus Terminal?

I remember Thai gov mentioned about it last year and wife needs to renew her passport, but would like to opt for 10 yrs.

Thank you

They are certainly available at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs building on Chaeng Wattana Road. Was there recently for my wife. She was offered a choice of passport with either 10 years or 5 years validity.

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

It was mentioned in the new a few days ago, 10-years costs 1,500 baht, with a remark "Ask for more details at passport offices around the country"...????

Thanks.

Interestingly the cost of 10 year pp in AU is 7200 baht. Must be the quality of the paper.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks.

Interestingly the cost of 10 year pp in AU is 7200 baht. Must be the quality of the paper.

Nah, more to do with all Australians being millionaires, they can afford it, all Thais are on the breadline, so can't.

Government wanting to make money.

17 hours ago, Hotrats said:

They are certainly available at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs building on Chaeng Wattana Road. Was there recently for my wife. She was offered a choice of passport with either 10 years or 5 years validity.

Did you happen to ask for the price? I remember 5-yr validity costs around 1000 baht or sth. So i suppose 10-yr should at least be double the cost?

Any specific requirement to obtain 10-yr passport? Or just the same as 5-yr?

13 hours ago, khunPer said:

It was mentioned in the new a few days ago, 10-years costs 1,500 baht, with a remark "Ask for more details at passport offices around the country"...????

Thanks. So 1500 baht but cost may vary according to the offices

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks.

We renewed our young daughter’s Thai passport in Chiang Mai about a week ago.

They are now using the bio metric system and the service was brilliant.

There was no need to bring copies of any documents the originals were scanned

and  they gave us a choice from the photographs taken.

The new passport was delivered by mail 48 hours later.

I said to one of the staff it would be good if you teach the Immigration Department about your levels of service, he thought the comment very amusing.

PS for anyone in Chiang Mai the office has relocated to the Convention Centre it’s further out of town but plenty of parking.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, arfandy said:

It will be the same at all passport offices (plus 40 baht for EMS postage)

Edit: Found this on the DCA website.

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/search?query=พาสปอร์ต10ปี&stype=news

image.png.a7471d1c16c110ee261b7bbc855eaedc.png

The 3500 baht price is for expedited service.

3 hours ago, arfandy said:

Normally not, but a vary depending of length of validity of passport, a 5-year costs 1,000 baht.

Some offices, if not all, might offer a same day service for 1,000 baht extra – the office we use does – or an minor EMS-fee for sending the passport by mail in about a week.

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks.

Or rather what the population can afford to pay combined with the salaries for the staff involved in issuing a passport; i.e. is an average government employed salary about 4-5 times higher in Australia compared to Thailand?

My girlfriend's and my daughter's Thai passports seems exactly same quality as my EU-passport, but the 5-year passport has less pages.

34 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Normally not, but a vary depending of length of validity of passport, a 5-year costs 1,000 baht.

The 10 year passport is 1500 baht and for expedited service it is a total of 3500 baht.

34 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Some offices, if not all, might offer a same day service for 1,000 baht extra – the office we use does – or an minor EMS-fee for sending the passport by mail in about a week.

The DCA website states it is 2000 baht extra for a expedited passport.

Info in Thai is here: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/ค่าธรรมเนียมระยะเวลาการผลิตและจัดส่ง But it does not show 10 year passport yet.

The normal service 5 to 7 days by EMS that a extra 40 baht that has to be paid.

46 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Or rather what the population can afford to pay combined with the salaries for the staff involved in issuing a passport; i.e. is an average government employed salary about 4-5 times higher in Australia compared to Thailand?

Check out AU compared to similar countries. Start with Canada, NZ, UK, USA, Japan, you name it .,.think AU will be near top of the tree cost wise.

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Check out AU compared to similar countries. Start with Canada, NZ, UK, USA, Japan, you name it .,.think AU will be near top of the tree cost wise.

The US is $110 or 3410 baht at their current exchange rate.

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 10 year passport is 1500 baht and for expedited service it is a total of 3500 baht.

The DCA website states it is 2000 baht extra for a expedited passport.

Info in Thai is here: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/ค่าธรรมเนียมระยะเวลาการผลิตและจัดส่ง But it does not show 10 year passport yet.

The normal service 5 to 7 days by EMS that a extra 40 baht that has to be paid.

Thanks, I've already mentioned the 10-year price in an earlier post.

Same day express service prices might have changed, or is different for the 10-year passport, it was 1,000 baht last time in the Surat Thani-office when only 5-year pasport was available...????

41 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks, you seems to be right. I just check the price in my otherwise expensive Scandinavian home-country, and a (10-year) passport is just over 3,100 baht (today's rate)., I was thinking of the fee we paid in the embassy in Bangkok, it's a bit higher being 4,900 baht...????

14 minutes ago, khunPer said:

just check the price in my otherwise expensive Scandinavian home-country,

Does anyone know if issue of pp from European, UK, USA etc countries is back to normal or is it still taking ages.

Recall reading horror stories of folk trying to obtain new  pp.

Edited by DrJack54

26 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Same day express service prices might have changed, or is different for the 10-year passport, it was 1,000 baht last time in the Surat Thani-office when only 5-year passport was available...????

This is a google translate of the page I posted a link to earlier, It does not mention the 10 year passport yet.

image.png.bbe9ea0b1e5e131c3f5bed412d320639.png

For a expedited 10 year passport the fee is 3500 baht (1500 + 2000).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Does anyone know if issue of pp from European, UK, USA etc countries is back to normal or is it still taking ages.

The US has been back to normal for a while now. It is normally about 2 weeks or less.

The application and return of both passports is by mail (EMS) now. Before you could do it in person at the embassy  and get your old passport back and then the new one was mailed to you.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Recall reading horror stories of folk trying to obtain new  pp.

Received my new UK passport early March. The process, via VFS in Bangkok, took about 7 weeks. Advised initially that it would take up to 8 weeks, no idea if this has now improved but would advise that an early renewal is always best, if at all possible.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dabhand said:

Received my new UK passport early March. The process, via VFS in Bangkok, took about 7 weeks. Advised initially that it would take up to 8 weeks, no idea if this has now improved but would advise that an early renewal is always best, if at all possible.

We renewed our daughters UK passport at VFS in Chiang Mai about two weeks ago.

Received an email from the UK passports office today advising that due to delays expect delivery in about 8 weeks.

We renewed her Australian passport in Chiang Mai the week before and received an email yesterday saying that it had been processed and despatched.

With her Thai passport it was delivered in two days.