Thundercats movie in the works from Godzilla Vs. Kong director

snoop1130

ghth.jpg

(Image credit: Telepictures)

A CG-animated theatrical Thundercats movie is in the works from Godzilla Vs. Kong director Adam Wingard.

Deadline reports that the Thundercats movie adaptation will be a "big-scale feature" based on the original animated series that ran from 1985-1989. Wingard himself describes the animation style as "hybrid CGI" with a "hyper real look [that] somehow bridges the gap between cartoon and CGI."

"Nobody on this planet knows or has thought as much about ThunderCats as I have," Wingard rather boldly told Deadline. "They gave me the reins. I saw this as an opportunity to do a new type of fantasy sci-fi spectacle film that people have never seen before."

Full Story: https://www.gamesradar.com/thundercats-movie-in-the-works-from-godzilla-vs-kong-director/

• Confused 1

They really gotta tone down that CGI, and capture the cleaner, slicker look of the cartoons. Those truly were an artistic expression. The Transformers movies, and most of the Marvel movies, are a visual wreck.

I was once in a rural Issan farang bar, and a Transformers flick was playing on Mono 29 on the small TV off in the corner. It caught the eye of one of the retiree regulars. Filling the screen were huge CGI robots slamming into each other, then slamming into CGI buildings, amidst a ridiculous flashing of lasers and explosions.

He watched for a minute and his mouth was agape. Then he turned to me and asked “These are the movies people watch these days? Why?” I answered, man, beats the **** out of me.