Thai Passport renewal in Pattaya Office

Saltire

Planning a break soon to Pattaya from Kanchanaburi and want to renew the wifes expired (in 2012) Thai passport while we're there.

Anyone done this? No recent posts but seems easy with only needing old passport and ID card and the fee.

Can it really be this easy? Do we need an appointment is just walk-in?

Thanks

Edited by Saltire

43 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Do we need an appointment is just walk-in?

Walk in.

It's worth going with her to see how things can be. The passport office is extremely well done. They make digital copies of everything and no photocopies are needed.

Digital photographs of original documents, digital photo of the applicant, digital signature, digital fingerprints and iris scan.

Extremely efficient and takes just a few minutes when it's your turn.

Do take a pen to fill out the form at the beginning. They are so digital that old fashioned pens are not always easy to find.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

(all I get is that the "new 10 year passports" are now available).

That's long awaited news!

Worth the few extra Baht (1500 instead of 1000, 3500 for express service).

Just noticed that it was already in the news (thread).

Edited by KhunBENQ

27 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Walk in.

It's worth going with her to see how things can be. The passport office is extremely well done. They make digital copies of everything and no photocopies are needed.

Digital photographs of original documents, digital photo of the applicant, digital signature, digital fingerprints and iris scan.

Extremely efficient and takes just a few minutes when it's your turn.

Do take a pen to fill out the form at the beginning. They are so digital that old fashioned pens are not always easy to find.

Excellent and are the original documents only the old passport and ID card? Need to take Tabien Baan?

I heard it was closed for a little last year but I guess it has reopened. It was upstairs at the Avenue and guess still there. Maybe some kind person will go and check for you as I am not close. I argued with my wife about going so early but she was right. I think we arrived around 7.30 and there was already a long queue. They gave out numbers and the whole thing took till about 11am from memory. Depending how long you want to wait to get the passport the cost differs. I think there was a couple of days turnover or a week turnover or you can pay extra to have it mailed to you. I don't know if the office is quieter with Covid but I was glad we went early.

3 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I heard it was closed for a little last year but I guess it has reopened. It was upstairs at the Avenue and guess still there. Maybe some kind person will go and check for you as I am not close. I argued with my wife about going so early but she was right. I think we arrived around 7.30 and there was already a long queue. They gave out numbers and the whole thing took till about 11am from memory. Depending how long you want to wait to get the passport the cost differs. I think there was a couple of days turnover or a week turnover or you can pay extra to have it mailed to you. I don't know if the office is quieter with Covid but I was glad we went early.

They reopened according to their FB page in Feb 2021.

We will be there for at least 2 weeks so should have time to go colect. I assume they will call us when ready.

Thanks for the information.

24 minutes ago, Saltire said:

They reopened according to their FB page in Feb 2021.

We will be there for at least 2 weeks so should have time to go colect. I assume they will call us when ready.

Thanks for the information.

Great. I think they just give you a date to return but I'm sure you will find out.????

35 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Never took that long. If I remember right it was like 3 days.

In Bangkok there was even a same day express service for a price.

And if things haven't changed they will send it via EMS to her address in Thailand.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Snippets from the FB page:

max 300 applications daily, 260 normal queue, 40 with online appointment

BUT:

(currently) very few people

no need for appointment

Passport will be sent by postal mail ONLY!

Takes 5 days except over weekend.

(did someone write in the forum that you can send to any address that you specify?)

Postal mail only: likely because the passports are printed in Bangkok and they don't want people to visit office again for pickup?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Saltire said:

No recent posts but seems easy with only needing old passport and ID card and the fee.

Just got info from a reliable source: ID card and old passport sufficient for application.

• Thanks 1

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Just got info from a reliable source: ID card and old passport sufficient for application.

Great thanks, especially as ive been tearing the house apart looking for the old one.

Found inside the car reg book!

• Haha 1

The wife did hers 3 weeks ago ,hardly a soul there ,we were in and out in about 15 minutes she took old passport ,id card ,and the house book ,(dont know if itwas needed) she just took it anyway ,as nobody is travelling the place was deserted .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

The wife did hers 3 weeks ago ,hardly a soul there ,we were in and out in about 15 minutes she took old passport ,id card ,and the house book ,(dont know if itwas needed) she just took it anyway ,as nobody is travelling the place was deserted .

Thanks

Will they post it out or is there an option to return to the office to collect the new one?

4 hours ago, Saltire said:

Thanks

Will they post it out or is there an option to return to the office to collect the new one?

they posted it  60baht extra arrived after 3 days ,did not need house book 

Edited by ivor bigun

When we went waiting area was full and a queue wound outside along the walkway. Didn't know how many applying as Thais take their families with them. Passports emailed by EMS and can expedite with extra payment. We didn't bother as no urgency. I spent the morning in McDonalds in order to get a seat. Need umbrella for outside queue. Multistorey car park at rear of the Avenue

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

When we went waiting area was full and a queue wound outside along the walkway. Didn't know how many applying as Thais take their families with them. Passports emailed by EMS and can expedite with extra payment. We didn't bother as no urgency. I spent the morning in McDonalds in order to get a seat. Need umbrella for outside queue. Multistorey car park at rear of the Avenue

Thanks, was this a recent visit?

• 2 years later...

Just to update the location, though I am sure it has been mentioned in other threads.

No longer at Avenue Mall but is now at Central Festival mall at the Beach Road end. I think it is on floor 4, if memory serves me correctly.

• Like 1