Cars & Dogs

eezergood

Ok I have an opportunity to re-locate to Cambodia, so I would like some info if anyone can help? 

Possible to take my car across? If so is this permanent or would it have to be moved across the border frequently?

Possilble to take out family dog? 

'

Dog no problem. If travelling overland need only proof of rabies vaccine. If coming by plane need an export permit & health certificate from animal quarantine 

Car the short answer is no. There probably is a way to import it but will involve a lot of paperwork and hassle and expense. Also note that Cambodia drives on the right so a right hand drive car is not really safe or appropriate.

Note that at present travel to Cambodia incurs a 2 week mandatory quarantine in a designated facility. And pet travel right now probably off the table. Wait until COVID resolves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:24 AM, Sheryl said:

Dog no problem. If travelling overland need only proof of rabies vaccine. If coming by plane need an export permit & health certificate from animal quarantine 

Car the short answer is no. There probably is a way to import it but will involve a lot of paperwork and hassle and expense. Also note that Cambodia drives on the right so a right hand drive car is not really safe or appropriate.

Note that at present travel to Cambodia incurs a 2 week mandatory quarantine in a designated facility. And pet travel right now probably off the table. Wait until COVID resolves.

Thanks and this will be for a little later in the year, hopefully