Ticked off! Woman in the projects complains after thousands of dog ticks infect the whole floor

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News went to investigate after a woman living in the projects in Pathum Thani north of Bangkok went on Facebook to report her experiences with dog ticks.

She was covered in bites on both her legs and she feared for her young baby. 

She had posted on a site that translates as "Trouble in Pathum Thani".

Daily News found Wasana, 43, spraying on the second floor of building 20 at KM 44 projects in Klong 1.

She explained that a neighbor on the floor had had a dog that they did not take care of properly.

It had died in their room and then the army of ticks from the mutt invaded the whole floor.

The juristic person office had sprayed three times but still the march of ticks continued. 

Now she was worried for her one month old after a tick bit the child on Wednesday causing the baby to cry.

That really ticked her off. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-02

• Sad 1

I admit that I know nothing about ticks and fleas but I thought fleas jumped, if you watch the Daily News video in the link they have a good close up, perhaps someone with more knowledge can update us all ????

Edited by Golden Triangle
Spelling/predictive text

They are larvae of the Brown Dog Tick - not toxic to humans at all - though if the ticks attach to you , it will cause local irritation. The dog is the preferred host for these ‘seed ticks’ , and one gravid female tick can lay hundreds of eggs - hence the infestation seen here.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 2:15 PM, keith101 said:

Use Chaindrite surface spray it has stopped my fire ant problem pretty much dead in their tracks (pun intended) and lasts for up to 6 weeks .

I'm sold