Boating In Thailand?

I don't see a subforum about this, so I guess I'll ask here. I'm interested in learning about boating in Thailand. The rough goal would be to be able to boat around the islands, etc. Anyone know of any forums that deal with this? I guess next I'll check youtube....

Growing up in the US, my family had a membership at a small sailing club where I took the course to be able to check out their 21-foot sailboat and go sailing on Lake Washington with my friends. At the lake in upstate New York, we had a ski boat I used to operate. So, I'm not a complete newbie, but would like to learn about what's required to boat in this country. Thx

Edited by OliverKlozerof

Boat, captain license, insurance and a good sea chart would be the first 4 steps.

I am not sure captain license is required for a sailing boat?

Andaman sea or Thailand Gulf?

Take it easy in the beginning and learn about the waters, depths, reefs, rocks etc. There are many reefs/rocks which are not marked on both Garmin and Navionics sea charts.

My most enjoyable moments in Thailand has been our fishing trips and anchoring in lagoons/beaches such as Koh Khram Yai, Samae San, Chuang, Chan, Samed & Koh Mak.