Groom's parents visa options

Hi guys. I married to thai many years and looks like my parents want to visit me the last time... It is difficult but may be it is a true.

Can i prepare a visa (may be NON-O) for my parents? May be maybe someone had experience?  Thanks for a response.

Edited by Dmitry2222

11 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

2-3 months

Have them obtain setv and extension 30 days. Also possible covid extension available.

My choice enter visa exempt. (45days). Followed by standard 30 day extension.

Then obtain covid extension if required. 60 days. Best option. No stuffing around with visa for entry.

Setv = 60+30(extension)

Visa exempt = 45+30(extension).

Both have option of additional covid extension. 

No brainer. VISA EXEMPT entry

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

i thought to get the "non-o" as family members. Does it possible? The duration is only my assumptions... We want to buy a certificate for return tickets.

They may be able to get Non O visas as family members, but many consulates will only provide them for spouses and parents of Thai nationals.

Visa exempt entry (or a tourist visa) seems the obvious solution in your case.  That would provide 75-90 days. As mentioned above, at the current time, a 60-day Covid extension would almost certainly also be possible. However, there is no guarantee that option will be available several months from now.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BritTim said:

They may be able to get Non O visas as family members, but many consulates will only provide them for spouses and parents of Thai nationals.

Visa exempt entry (or a tourist visa) seems the obvious solution in your case.  That would provide 75-90 days. As mentioned above, at the current time, a 60-day Covid extension would almost certainly also be possible. However, there is no guarantee that option will be available several months from now.

Can i convert a tourist visa to retiriement extension when they decided ti extend stay in the country? Sorry for a lot of questions ...

Edited by Dmitry2222

7 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Can i convert a tourist visa to retiriement extension when they decided ti extend stay in the country? Sorry for a lot of questions ...

Yes, if they are aged over 50 and can each show 800,000 in a Thai bank account, that is possible.

• Thanks 1