Dowary

samui bill

Too bad thai visa does not allow theme music for threads. Every time i read about sin sod i can hear the eagles playing in the back ground.

Thai girls just seem to find out early, how to open doors with just a smile. A rich old Falang, and she won't have to worry. da da da .

Edited by wolfmanjack

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wish though, that when I am old enough, with cash enough. I can offer some $ to someone that will take care of me in my old age.

I'm up for that, Kitty. Just two questions - how much and when?

Qwertz....You're such a dork

Kitty is only offering "{:content:}quot; – and in my language that "{:content:}quot; = two zero only!........ modern time slavery salary to me!

I know I'm a dork, TC. That's why I do slavery (or did you mean slavering?) for 2 bucks.

Are you any good at "slavering"? :o

You bet! But I don't do sin sod.

Too bad thai visa does not allow theme music for threads. Every time i read about sin sod i can hear the eagles playing in the back ground.

Thai girls just seem to find out early, how to open doors with just a smile. A rich old Falang, and she won't have to worry. da da da .

Yeah, I was just thinking of "Fire, water, burn" by the Bloodhound Gang for the house burning thread. :o

Yeah, I was just thinking of "Fire, water, burn" by the Bloodhound Gang for the house burning thread. :o

I don't listen to hard rock so never heard of those guys.

I do remember a few other that might be good.

I think the song "disco inferno" has a lyric "burn baby burn" and then there is johnny cash with "ring of fire". i went down down down and the flames went higher.

Someone mentioned the ring of fire song on another thread.

maybe we could make a medley combining only the appropriate lyrics of different songs.

The ring of fire is pretty appropriate though.

the taste, of love is sweet

When hearts, like ours meet

I fell for your life and child

oh but the fire went wild

i fell into a burning ring of fire

I went sown down down and the flames went higher

and it burns burns burns

the ring of fire

This covers the whole story from them falling in love to setting the house on fire. Only thing is he left the house and wasn't "IN" the ring of fire except for the fire in his brain the anger caused.

This is a pretty good thread. I hope it doesn't get closed

Edited by wolfmanjack

Wolf, how about a thread suggesting songs for each existing thread.

Such as:

Your cheating heart

Green green grass of home

The great pretender

Money, money, money

Nobody loves you when you're down and out

In the long run

Smoke gets in your eyes

Momma told me not to come

Now there's a thing, thread theme music.

Wolf, how about a thread suggesting songs for each existing thread.

Such as:

Your cheating heart

Green green grass of home

The great pretender

Money, money, money

Nobody loves you when you're down and out

In the long run

Smoke gets in your eyes

Momma told me not to come

Now there's a thing, thread theme music.

i like it.

I just realized that the theme song about the burning belongs on another thread.

We could also come up with some theme songs for posters.

Another good one for thaivisa and many posters is "The Thunder Rolls" . Country music has a lot of good ones for the cheaters. There is another song about "my son calls another man daddy" many more if I start looking through my collection.

Hank Williams has a lot of great ones since you mentioned "my cheating heart". When my wife is pissed off at me I sing " I got a feeling called the blues."

There is another one that

If I picked one for myself it would be either "The devil went down to Georgia" or "Long Haired Redneck"

For PeaceBlondie I would have to choose "I'm a Long Tall Texan"

It all depends on the background of your girl. E.g. virginity, married before, worked in a bar in her past life, age, educated or not etc.

An example: My wife educated, was 22 when we first met and got married when she was 25. She was a virgin, educated from a good Thai university, holds a degree, and now works for Thai Airways. She's from Rayong.

The family demanded 100,000. I paid 60,000 and she paid the remainder. Because I wasn't going to pay more than 60,000 no matter what....

These are roughly the current prices:

100,000 for an educated virgin with a degree.

60,000 for a shop girl with high school and also a virgin.

30,000-40-000 for a divorced single mother

0 for a divorced single mother (ex bargirl)

0 for a non-virgin bargirl or ex bargirl

But as previous posters have pointed out, a lot depends on the family and the girl's skills convincing her family that you can only pay an X amount as dowry.

Good luck!

Good GRIEF !

Now, what are the categories of foreign men and their relative desireabilty to Thai families ?

1. Educated virgin with degree and at least US$100,000, serious health problems and no less than 80 years of age.

Looks to me you guys are more into the Village People!

In the Navy...........................................................

Where did this come from ???? If you are trying to imply that we are gay because we are having fun with theme music idea I don't get it ?

Where did this come from ???? If you are trying to imply that we are gay because we are having fun with theme music idea I don't get it ?

I am not sure why you come to this conclusion and why you feel agitated!

For me and problably most people in the world, the Village People stand for party music and not for gay music.

But perception is a perceived flexibility.

No offense please!

I am not sure why you come to this conclusion and why you feel agitated!

For me and problably most people in the world, the Village People stand for party music and not for gay music.

But perception is a perceived flexibility.

No offense please!

I am not agitated. As i said i didn't get it. That is why I asked. Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand where you were coming from. No problem. Mai Pen rai.

Now that we got that out of the way can you please explain how the song "in the navy" relates to either of the 2 threads we were picking songs for. Or another thread or poster? Or was it just a good party song ?

To have a little more fun what song would you pick for your theme song ?

I am not agitated. As i said i didn't get it. That is why I asked. Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand where you were coming from. No problem. Mai Pen rai.

Now that we got that out of the way can you please explain how the song "in the navy" relates to either of the 2 threads we were picking songs for. Or another thread or poster? Or was it just a good party song ?

To have a little more fun what song would you pick for your theme song ?

Slayer, the Angel of Death would come to mind, but this might be a little to sarcastic!

So I'll take Queen with the song Killer Queen.

I heard all the songs and them all made me gay.

I'd say as a rule of thumb, more wealthy the family more they will want to show off the sin sod (not applicable to everyone). 1-10 million is not unheard of.

Count me out.

Sin sod is alien to my philosophy.

This is what can happen when east meets west - we see it as money grubbing and they present it as tradition.

I see no middle way here so I won't marry an Asian.

I heard recently that in some parts of India the classic retribution when a dowry is not forthcoming is to set the wife on fire and pass it off as a cooking accident.

So much for holy matrimony.

Interesting figures as I know a few Western and Thai men in the last 2 years who have been paying in excess of 400,000. If someone offered me 100,000 sin sod for my daughter they would be wearing their skinflint tight arse for a hat.

Count me out.

Sin sod is alien to my philosophy.

This is what can happen when east meets west - we see it as money grubbing and they present it as tradition.

I see no middle way here so I won't marry an Asian.

I heard recently that in some parts of India the classic retribution when a dowry is not forthcoming is to set the wife on fire and pass it off as a cooking accident.

So much for holy matrimony.

not only in "some" parts, it happens/happened all over India.

oh lord. laughing so hard i peed a little.

:D

A huge stack of pancakes doesn't generate as much flipping and flopping as this thread has taken...

This thread has taken more twists and turns than the entire F1 circuit has.

This topic is so off-topic that going off-topic is the main topic of this topic.

:o

What's the next off-topic topic going to be?

"What's the next off-topic topic going to be?"

what did you have for dinner and what music were you listening to when having your dinner squeezing the housemaids butts when she served and trying to ignore the angry looks of your wife.

And as mentioned, you aren't supposed to PAY it, only give it and have them hand it back to your wife for safekeeping. It's her safety-money, not the parents drinking-money.

Actually, its not.

Its meant as a thank you to her parents for bringing her up. Giving birth, milk powder, diaper change service isnt provided for any child left in the wild you know.

Some parents drink it away. Some parents saved that money to keep for future contingencies for their daughter. Frankly, when its given to them. Its their money to decide what they do with it.

There is some part of social grace involved, where the money given is returned in parts to the couple, more symbolic in how they love their daughters then what traditions dictates.

As my uncle once tells off my mother, when she asked should she keeps the dowry money my brother in law gives....."If you think your daughter is a pig that you sold off, by all means keep the money."

You are talking about 'some form of dowry', I'm talking about sin sod.

There is a girl in my village that is on her 4th marriage. Her family got sinsod every time. I couldn't believe it. My brother in law says it is because she is so beautiful. I don't see that either. She is nothing special in my opinion then again i am not thai.

Finally the post I was looking for.

My wife claims that there are absolutely no rule whatsoever about NOT paying sinsod if the wife has been married before.

If she marry 10 times, then the parents can get 10 times sinsod.

I told her this can not be true. Must be a joke.

Nope, she claims this is how it is.

Dammaged goods or not. For the parents this term does not exist.

It is a degrading farang term.

Thais like to use the term lucky or bad luck.

She also know about women remarried with sinsod being paid again, and again and.......

rgds

Sailor

It all depends on the background of your girl. E.g. virginity, married before, worked in a bar in her past life, age, educated or not etc.

An example: My wife educated, was 22 when we first met and got married when she was 25. She was a virgin, educated from a good Thai university, holds a degree, and now works for Thai Airways. She's from Rayong.

The family demanded 100,000. I paid 60,000 and she paid the remainder. Because I wasn't going to pay more than 60,000 no matter what....

But as previous posters have pointed out, a lot depends on the family and the girl's skills convincing her family that you can only pay an X amount as dowry.

Good luck!

best laugh I've had all day.Keep up the good work!! :o:D