My 5kw single phase hybrid solar system - Beware if you export and have a digital meter!

I have a Goodwe 5kw hybrid inverter with 18 seraphim 415 panels with 14.4 kws of lithium batteries for back up if grid down and night time use my grid meter is digital.The installer told me to leave the system exporting to the grid even though I will get no return for this,I checked with electric company and they said that all power I export to the grid I will get charged for at standard rate. My monthly bills were averaging 1500-2000 baht. For the past 3 months I have set the system to zero export to the grid and my largest bill for the past 3 months was 249 Baht yes 249 baht so if anyone on here has a hybrid solar system with a "DIGITAL METER" set the system to zero export for a great saving on your electric bill.

• Like 2

Thanks for that.

Decidedly mean to bill you for power you export, I too would have assumed that exported power simply wouldn't register.

If we ever get an electronic meter our system will be in permanent no-export mode anyway.

EDIT - I've tweeked the topic title to give a bit more info.

• Like 1