Covid PCR test issued up to 72 hours before departure

AUinAsia

Does anybody know whether this means 72 hours before departure from origin or departure from transit airport? As covid testing is not available on the weekend, and the flight includes a 12 hour transit, I need to plan carefully. 

And do they measure from the time you take the test, or the time you receive the result?

Best to check directly with the airline.  Many airlines keep a good updated list of requirements online.  It all depends on the destination country and airline.

Covid testing is easily available any day of the week in Bangkok.

1 hour ago, Phillip9 said:

Best to check directly with the airline.  Many airlines keep a good updated list of requirements online.  It all depends on the destination country and airline.

Covid testing is easily available any day of the week in Bangkok.

This is for coming to Thailand, not for flying out of Thailand. 

Hi AuinAsia,

I had this same question: I'm coming from the U.S. to Thailand and sent an email to the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles. I was told that it is from the time of the departure from the first airport you are leaving AND the test results have to be within 72 hours of this departure: The following is his exact reply:

Bernard Rhein <[email protected]>
Mon 4/5/2021 6:25 PM
You can have the test administered longer than 72 hours but the test results must not be more than 72 hours before your departure. The 72 hours refers to your departure from the US but you should confirm with the airline whether or not they have other requirements and whether or not the country you will be transiting through has other requirements as well.

Bernard (Visa Section)

---------Hope that helps.... You can always send an email to the Thai embassy that you use.   Cheers!

• Like 1

To be safe, you must have your test taken within 72 hours of your initial flight time. Some Thai embassies state that the results must be issued with 72 hours, but following their advice will get you into trouble with some airlines.

if you are flying on 2 different tickets, ie one leg per ticket, then it’s 72 hours before departure of the second leg.

Does anyone know where in Bangkok area I can get the PCR test (to travel) done and receive the results within 24 hours or less? The hospital I usually go to in Bangkok (Sukumvit) has temporarily stopped doing the test and they couldn't tell me when they'll resume. I'm trying to fly out on the 17th to get to the US.

Any good tips are appreciated!

56 minutes ago, WhateverDude said:

Does anyone know where in Bangkok area I can get the PCR test (to travel) done and receive the results within 24 hours or less? The hospital I usually go to in Bangkok (Sukumvit) has temporarily stopped doing the test and they couldn't tell me when they'll resume. I'm trying to fly out on the 17th to get to the US.

Any good tips are appreciated!

Nevermind on this! I did a bit more digging and searching, and managed to find quite a few options. I think I'm good. ????