Bullying Of Mixed Kids In School

chanchao

Question for people with mixed Thai/Farang kids in school either in Thai schools OR back home in Europe/USA/Aus:

Do your kids experience any bullying or other negativety relating to the assumption/suspicion/stereotype that his/her mum would be a prostitute?

Would like to hear about both a Western school as well as Thai schools (Local or international)

I have two luk krung daughters in a Thai private school. They have reported no bullying. If anything, they are treated better than they would be if they were 100% Thai. This holds true outside of school too.

Edited by qualtrough

From what I remember in the West, ANY kid who is in the least unusual would be bullied by somebody, and the more unusual, the more bullying. I grew up in the middle of redneck Klu Klux Klan territory, but my guess is that would be the usual most places in the US.

I wasn't picked on much because I was bigger than other kids my age, but in grammar school we would have to worry about older kids who made a specialty of beating up anyone younger and weaker. Once we got a little older, stronger and bigger these Biff type guys seemed to vanish into thin air. :o

I have been teaching in Thai school for two years now and never experience bulling in any kind. And I do keep an eye on that, coming from UK where it is very common. Kids are noisy, difficult to control, very short attention span, but they are not bullies. We have farang and Thai children.

The luk krung kid of seven who lives next door is often the victim of some older kids up the soi, he is a very anoying kid so mabe thats the real reason ? his farther thinks its because hes a luk krung and says its getting worse.

Hi.

Two children, the eldest has attended both govenrment and private Thai schools. Never had any problems in any of them, the majority of teachers are aware of the possible problems and "keep an eye on them".

If anything they are more likely to be spoiled than suffer bullying, that said, we are part of a large family and they have lots of cousins spread around the community. It Also helps that the family is both respected and respectable.

I've found that kids in international schools use racism as a joke.

The Indians call me halfbreed, the Thais call me farang, and as a general rule, I am allowed to be racist against everyone else too.

It's all in the name of humor, of course.

The Indians call me halfbreed, the Thais call me farang, and as a general rule, I am allowed to be racist against everyone else too.

Your a student there or teacher? Sounds like a classy school :o

Your a student there or teacher? Sounds like a classy school :o

Student. All inter schools are like that, apparently...