Bought bitcoin a long time ago

Not long after I first came to Thailand, when the btc was around 12 usd, I bought a large amount because I thought what a joke, digital currency and only costs a couple of bucks, I'll get some. 

Fast forward many years, I completely forget about it then one day my side chick is watching the news on TV when they say something about btc. 

I think to myself, not this joke coin again, and I ignore it. Then I get on my bike and am off to the gym. On the way the thought just hit me. I bought this thing years ago. I whip out my phone and check the current rate. Seeing it, I am on the side of the road, wondering whether it's my phone or my brain that's malfunctioning. I start laughing uncontrollably and lose my balance, fall off the bike, into the bushes. Two street vendors watch the entire development in disbelief. I stand up, my mirror is broken, my screen is smashed, my clutch is bent but I am not interested. The joke coin made me a wealthy man. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChrisP24 said:

Sounds like it was a joke then and still is now......

But if that really did happen, congratulations on accidentally becoming wealthy and for remembering.  Out of curiosity where did you buy it? 

He bought them in another nation. - In imagination. Which is where this tale comes from. 

Bitcoin at the very first was something which only the nerds knew about and played with. Then by the time it reached $12 sure, news about Bitcoin started surfacing somewhere, but still very few people except nerds and the ones with technical knowledge bought it. First time I am hearing someone buying them as a 'joke'.