New CX-5 2.5 Turbo 4WD or Fortuner Legender 2.8 4WD - Help deciding?

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I think they’ll sweat the engine line churning out those old petrol engines until people wake up and stop buying them. The Mazda CX8 and CX9 are far superior offerings in every department now at similar price,but Thaiscare pretty uninformed and undiscriminating and will probably just keep letting the brand dictate their choice.

The honda uses old tech, but reliable....but the skyactiv engines have numerous problems, both diesel and pertrol. There is even a facebook page dedicated to it. Mazda service is also patchy. https://www.facebook.com/groups/697776027228278/

9 hours ago, DavisH said:

The honda uses old tech, but reliable....but the skyactiv engines have numerous problems, both diesel and pertrol. There is even a facebook page dedicated to it. Mazda service is also patchy. https://www.facebook.com/groups/697776027228278/

Interesting although can’t read the mainly Thai posts,so take your word for it. 

13 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Yes, same engines as CX 8 but bigger car. Here’s a review from Oz but don’t think Thailand has turbo petrol option on cx8 and cx9.
https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-reviews/mazda-cx8-vs-cx9-whats-the-difference

CX9 not available in Thailand. 2.5 turbo engine available in CX5 and CX8 but not in CX30..

9 hours ago, DavisH said:

Never had a problem of any kind with my 2014 Mazda 3 in 60,000km and now have a CX30 for almost a year and 10,000km with no problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

CX9 not available in Thailand. 2.5 turbo engine available in CX5 and CX8 but not in CX30..

You’re quite right! I had looked at CX5 and CX8 . I do recall being impressed with the cabin quality of CX8 in particular vs Honda CRV . The 2.5 turbo is very powerful and would be nice although the economy and superior torque of the diesel might ultimately be better bet if doing higher mileage. The 1.6 diesel of CRV is puny by comparison.

11 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

Never had a problem of any kind with my 2014 Mazda 3 in 60,000km and now have a CX30 for almost a year and 10,000km with no problems.

No, you shouldn't expect problems either. But a number of people do. Have yu had your fuel pump changed? This is a problem with the petrol engine. The diesel versions  have dpf issues and problems with fuel getting in the oil, increasing engien wear. If you are lucky you won't have these issues. 

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

No, you shouldn't expect problems either. But a number of people do. Have yu had your fuel pump changed? This is a problem with the petrol engine. The diesel versions  have dpf issues and problems with fuel getting in the oil, increasing engien wear. If you are lucky you won't have these issues. 

Never had ANY problem with the 3 or the CX30. I couldn't be any happier than I am with Mazda.

22 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

Never had ANY problem with the 3 or the CX30. I couldn't be any happier than I am with Mazda.

Good for you. Likewise I've never had any problem with any honda I've owned. Each to their own.