How To Waterproof My Pagoda

Richb2004v2

I have a small wooden pagoda type thing in the garden and would like to water proof it in some way. It would be nice to sit in there and cool off whilst it is raining outside. In the UK we would use sheeting or cladding. I can’t think of the name of the stuff. I have never seen it here and wonder if anyone has done a similar job, or if anyone has any suggestions as to how I could do it here in Thailand.

I can't give you specific advice other than to advise you to visit either a Homepro or Homeworks store. I would be surprised if they didn't have something you could use, and you could ask them for advice too.

Having said that, one thing you could do rather cheaply is to replace the roof you have now with CPAC Monier roofing tiles or similar like you find on houses. There are made of concrete but look like tiles on the outside. They are not expensive, and when installed correctly are water tight.

Edited by qualtrough

I have a small wooden pagoda type thing in the garden and would like to water proof it in some way. It would be nice to sit in there and cool off whilst it is raining outside. In the UK we would use sheeting or cladding. I can't think of the name of the stuff. I have never seen it here and wonder if anyone has done a similar job, or if anyone has any suggestions as to how I could do it here in Thailand.

Cheapest Option would be Roofing 'Felt' I think that is what you are trying to describe? I am not sure where you can get it specifically, but maybe try any of the Hardware stores along Th Phahonyothin, they seem to have most supplies for DIY/Home....

KD :o