Baby vaccine options

campyman

Does anyone know if individual vaccines for polio, HIB and DTaP are available anywhere in Thailand?  As opposed to a vaccine that combines all 3 of these in one.  If available, i would like to know the vaccine trade name, manufacturer and hospital and location.

Thanks

DTaP is itself a 3 in one. Are you saying you want 5 separate vaccines (Polio, HIB, Diptheria, Pertussis and Tetanus)? Or just that for some reason you are concerned about combining DTaP with HIB and polio?

And where in Thailand are you?

Hello Sheryl,

Thank you for your reply.  I would like to consider the option of vaccinating DTaP, HIB and polio separately in 3 shots.  Polio separated from HIB separated from DTaP.  I reside in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, so those 2 places would be the most convenient.  But I also have no restrictions on going anywhere in Thailand with my child (barring any government Covid travel restrictions).  

In the government program oral polio vaccine is used  plus separate injection for D-P-T. Free of charge for babies with Thai nationality, minimal charge otherwise.  HIB not given, you would have to get that at a private facility and they all should have it as a stand alone injection.

You did not mention HBV vaccine but it is also needed and part of the vaccines given at public facilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity. May I ask what is your concern? For my entire career I have seen many family asking for fewer shot. This is the first time I have ever heard of someone asking for more shot.

I also understand if you do not want to answer.