Liquid cooling (possible problems) heads up

robblok

I got a high end system with liquid cooling because its so silent (360mm fan is more silent then most air cooled CPU fans).  It keeps the temperature down quite low too. However i got 2 m2 ssds in my computer both 2tb. I had one fail last year it might be unrelated but i recently found out my SSD's got too hot. I ran a program to benchmark my computer and it throttled one of the SSD's. Strangely it was the one that had an heatsink installed on it not the one without. 

I found out the temperature went up a bit too much in the case. I thought i needed new fans and so on. (i still will add a few). However after seeking advice on a computer forum they told me that because my liquid cooling is so good the computer automatically slows down other fans. It takes the temperature of the processor as a guideline. So it slowed down the fans. 

Luckily i could se the fans to max in the bios, it then was 5 degrees cooler for the SSD's and within safe range. 

So just a heads up if you use liquid cooling your SSD's might get too hot you need to really look for it as the computer will automatically throttle them. That means a slower performance. It might be something to look into if your using liquid cooling or just check if your SSD is not getting to hot.

Samsung magician does the trick also for brands of SSD's (just checking temperature)