Driving between provinces as of Today April 21st.

Hello everyone,
I need to go from Phuket to Chiang Mai and arrive there on the 27th of May. All AirAsia flights have been canceled unfortunately.

Is there any news about driving between provinces? Would I be able to drive all the way to Chiang Mai with one stop on the way somewhere without having to quarantine?

Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

There's no lockdown but non-essential travel is discouraged (why else would AirAsia scratch all their flights?). If you persist, make sure you register and use either one of the smartphone tracking apps as they will ask to see that on any spot-check.

Red to red = check in on arrival with the local orbortor (tambon administrative organisation) where you'll be staying. be prepared to be tested and be prepared to be asked to quarantine. If you decide to sneak in, you may be dobbed in by a neighbor and the experience of some of those that tried doing that last year when there was a lock-down was mandatory 14-day quarantine.

1 hour ago, HappyFalang said:

All AirAsia flights have been canceled unfortunately.

? Maybe I have again overlooked something but for end of May flights/prices are shown and can continue booking (non stop).

And as already written: more than a month ahead is kind of eternity for predicting Covid situation.

Flights are cancelled for the near future (like 22 to 27 April).

But you asked for May, right?

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

But you asked for May, right?

I meant to say April.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is this thread independent from your other one going on May 2 by big bike?

Confused.

That would be Tue April 27th. Not Sunday May 2nd.

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

1 stop?

Not sure what's more impressive. Your fuel tank or your bladder.

That would be for overnight stop.

Just now, VocalNeal said:

I'm sure if your need is essential you will have no problems whatsoever.

Well I have an appointment with immigration and the foundation I am volunteering for to apply for a new visa. And I need to be there certain dates. 

But that doesn't automatically mean I will be allowed to travel between the provinces. So I am checking if anyone know if it is possible to go by bike since direct flights aren't available.

I spoke with CNX airport and if I fly via BKK I need to quarantine. From Phuket they said it would be fine, but then it got canceled at least until 30th of April. 

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I don't think one guy on a bike will cause problems. If you encounter any checkpoints they will take your temp. if OK then they will wave you away. 

There are no general travel restrictions just an appeal to avoid non essential travel.

As the OP has a good reason for travel who would stop him.

And anyway: there is no safer option (regarding virus spread) than riding alone on a motorbike.

But more than 1500 km (near 1000 miles). That's one heck of a ride!

5 hours ago, HappyFalang said:

. So I am checking if anyone know if it is possible to go by bike since direct flights aren't available.

This might be an interesting read for you:

It meets my expectations which I didn't wanted to shout out as it's not from experience.

11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

This might be an interesting read for you:

It meets my expectations which I didn't wanted to shout out as it's not from experience.

Great find thank you very much for that! I will follow this one and see if there are any updates.

38 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

But more than 1500 km (near 1000 miles). That's one heck of a ride!

Feeeeeddoooooommmm! ????