VPN

whiteman

Just asking for information from only people that are living in Thailand that are not American or have a American address. same with uk people that have a uk address to get around the vpn.

So do any of the other people  that use a vpn in Thailand for say Netflix that works on your smart tv. Are you happy with yours and if so which do do you use and how long have you been using them.

I am asking for I would like more amazon and Netflix content for the Thailand Netflix is ok but I would like more and  better content.

I do not have or ever used a vpn hence why in sending this request if you like you can pm me and thanks in advance

• Thanks 1

using Express VPN for basic digital security in unfree places and to avoid the annoying country restrictions on Amazon Prime.My Netflix has no restrictions. Able to set my “country” in VPN App.

Forget why I chose Express VPN but its well- known, cheap and reliable.........

• Like 1

15 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

I use ipvanish.

I'm not sure how it compares to nord or any of the other well known services, but it works well for me with bbc iplayer etc.

Ive had it for 18 months, and I think it cost around £50 P. A.

IPVanish allows P2P on all of its servers. NordVPN, on the other hand, has dedicated servers in specific locations. ... If you want a more user-friendly program, then NordVPN is for you. But, if you'd rather have the option to manually set up your own protocol without any hassle, then IPVanish is the way to go.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
13 minutes ago, derreclog said:

Enter VPN settings manually
On your Mac, choose Apple> System Preferences, and then click Network. Click the add button in the list on the left, click the Interface pop-up menu, and then click VPN. Click the VPN Type pop-up menu and select the type of VPN connection depending on the network to which you plan to connect. Specify a VPN service name, and then click New.
L2TP is an extension of the PPTP protocol used by ISPs to enable private virtual networks. IPSec is a set of security protocols. IKEv2 is a protocol that configures security mapping in IPSec.
Enter the server address and account name for the VPN connection
. Click the Authentication Settings button and enter the information received from the network administrator. As instructed by the network administrator, click Expert to specify additional information such as session settings TCP / IP, DNS servers, and proxies. What additional information you can enter depends on the type of VPN connection you are setting up.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Use an app called viscosity, it’s a tiny app  that sits in the menu bar and allows you to select different vpn configs in one click. To configure you can download the OpenVPN file from your provider and enter the ID and Pass that they provide. A cheap little app that runs on all platforms, handy if you frequently switch between locations, way safer than the apps from your VPN provider.

I use Browsec VPN , and have for several years , its  extremely

easy to use , they have an offer on at moment ,$1.99 a month

for 2 years , they have a free version to try ,but not at full speed,

check out Playstore.

regards Worgeordie