Nong Khai Covid Regulations

rak sa_ngop

I would like to travel to Nong Khai by train this weekend but cannot find out what the current Covid entry restrictions are.

I will be travelling from Ayuttaya (Orange Zone) and am worried that I might be required to self quarantine for 14 days which would be very difficult for me.

But as I have been in an Orange Zone for more than 2 weeks I was hoping that I could enter with no quarantine requirement (or with maybe just a Rapid Test)

Maybe somebody in Nong Khai can help me with this. Thanks.

No matter what the rules are today. They could change tomorrow.

I would not travel at all right now. The virus is raging and you'll be right in the middle of it on public transportation.

Over 2k cases today. Stay safe. Stay home. Sucks.

• Like 1

Last week I travelled from Hua Lamphong to Udon on the night train. No issues whatsoever. Later, however, on arrival in a rural village, the picture was somewhat different. The wife of the village elder started to ask silly questions, indicating that everything I look at gets instantly contaminated with billions of virus particles.

4 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

No wonder the virus is booming with attitudes like this.

As always, the biggest health risk in this case is travelling to and from the railway station. 331,592 injured in road accidents during the first 3 months and 23 days of this year. Plus 5,120 killed this year so far.

Or as my GP says, always wear a KN95 mask in public places and you're pretty much safe from any respiratory disease problems.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nakdontree said:

Last week I travelled from Hua Lamphong to Udon on the night train. No issues whatsoever. Later, however, on arrival in a rural village, the picture was somewhat different. The wife of the village elder started to ask silly questions, indicating that everything I look at gets instantly contaminated with billions of virus particles.

As always, the biggest health risk in this case is travelling to and from the railway station. 331,592 injured in road accidents during the first 3 months and 23 days of this year. Plus 5,120 killed this year so far.

Or as my GP says, always wear a KN95 mask in public places and you're pretty much safe from any respiratory disease problems.

If you're masked up properly, try to social distance as much as possible, and wash your hands often, you should be OK.

The big question is: what's going to happen in the future.  The PM has already indicated stricter measures may be implemented.

A friend was flying back to CM next week.  I guess the airline canceled the route.  They had to find another carrier, deal with refunds, change dates, etc.  It was a real hassle.  Not sure traveling right now is a good idea.  Sadly!!!!

• Like 2

Just to report my experience, I travelled on the overnight Bsngkok train which was only about half full. I booked a 2nd class fan seat because the carriage only contained about 15 people and the windows are open blowing a strong wind continuously through the carriage. 

On arrival in Nong Khai this morning I had my temperature measured and contact number recorded. No questions about where I was travelling from, in my case I had spent 15 days in Ayutthaya so had avoided Bangkok hotspots.

Nong Khai province has only 24 total active covid cases at the moment so people feel pretty safe (complacent) here.

I just hope the situation does not worsen.

Regarding Chiang Mai, I saw 2 express (aircon) CM bound trains pass through Ayutthaya station. Many carriages were totally empty and others had only a handful of passengers. Maybe a good time to travel to CM safely by train?

• Like 1