Are swimming pools open now in condos in Pattaya?

wolf81

Last time I was in Pattaya, about 1.5 years ago, the swimming pool of the condo I rented got closed due to COVID.

I kinda feel like going to a seaside resort again, maybe Pattaya, but would like to have access to a clean, decently sized swimming pool for a daily swim.

So do the condos in Pattaya still keep swimming pools closed due to COVID or is the situation changed?

Edited by wolf81

I believe the rule is that public pools have to close, private can open.  My condo though has a private pool (need a swipe to access) and it's closed.  Our Juristic Nazi Person knows better.  I have heard of others that are open.

So, the answer is maybe, ask at the place you're thinking of staying.

The sea's OK for swimming now, 18 months with hardly any jet skis or boats, or millions of tourists making a huge mess, has cleaned it up quite nicely. When the sea's calm, you can see the ripples on the seabed in water that's too deep to stand in, so six feet or more. It's not Patong Beach yet, but it's a heck of a lot better than it was a few years ago.

• Like 2

I believe there is no official regulation to close swimming pool at this stage so it depends on the Condo's own policy. The pool and fitness at my condo is currently closed, but at my friend's place pool is open and fitness closed. Another friend has both open. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The sea's OK for swimming now, 18 months with hardly any jet skis or boats, or millions of tourists making a huge mess, has cleaned it up quite nicely. When the sea's calm, you can see the ripples on the seabed in water that's too deep to stand in, so six feet or more. It's not Patong Beach yet, but it's a heck of a lot better than it was a few years ago.

Might look ok, but the bacteria level could still be a problem.... it was mid last year:

https://www.samuitimes.com/pattaya-beaches-reopen-with-concerns-of-water-quality/

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Quite right. Have even seen a couple Great Egrets on the floats and numerous white terns diving in for fish. This on Jomtien Beach, to be precise...not sure about Pattaya, but expect it's same. 

Rarely, if ever, saw that previously. Seabirds around the beach and actually plunging in for food is always a sign of a heathy/healthier sea. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, SS1 said:

I believe there is no official regulation to close swimming pool at this stage so it depends on the Condo's own policy. The pool and fitness at my condo is currently closed, but at my friend's place pool is open and fitness closed. Another friend has both open. 

The official rules are available to see if you look. All pools should be CLOSED, I know some Condo's are ignoring this. All gyms can OPEN until 9pm.

It seems the Governor of Chonburi Province, all hail to his gracious name, has decreed that Condo pools should be closed. I have been shown the edict in writing, but it's in Thai, which I can't read. Sorry I don't have access to a copy to post.

58 minutes ago, SS1 said:

There is an official order from the local Gov, its literally pinned to the rope blocking the pool in my condo.

the pools are (should be) closed and there is no better time to swim in the ocean...no tourists =  less sewerage released into the sea and the water on Pattaya beach has never been cleaner...enjoy it now before tourism resumes.

Edited by wombat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jimn said:

The official rules are available to see if you look. All pools should be CLOSED, I know some Condo's are ignoring this. All gyms can OPEN until 9pm.

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

There is an official order from the local Gov, its literally pinned to the rope blocking the pool in my condo.

My bad - is this specific for Pattaya? My examples are from Bangkok. 

My condo pool is closed, but exercise and ping pong room open. Seems far more likely to get the virus in a enclosed exercise room with people huffing and puffing than a pool

• Like 2