Dirty farang? Sadly it's true.

Speedhump

10 hours ago, Emdog said:

Walking from 2nd road to TukCom in Pattaya the other day, I noticed maybe 90% of the food vendors near or on sidewalk did not have masks on

Now that is a   fact I  have observed. I  think we should  meet  up and discuss  this, but  how to recognize  each other, I  know  Ill  be the farang with his  mask at half  mast????

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Rather idiotic. I wear a mask correctly, why would I hate myself? And how can counting the numbers of people I see walking around me contain confirmation bias? I hadn't believed that farang were worse culprits in this until I decided to check it. In fact a few days before I had complained at an article in another online publication saying that farang needed to raise their mask game. So you've got that wrong, eh? I was shocked at what I clearly saw today. And yes it is my business to try to improve the reputation of farang here, as it affects me by association. Get over yourself, pal. ????

You need to raise  your  game and tell the Thais  also, that  will  really  improve the Thai  farang  image  you are  so  worried  about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Market Village is a covered mall. I observed for several hours

12 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I spotted 11 people wearing their face masks but with their nose not covered. One was Thai. Ten were farang, and all but one of them from the UK.

So you spend several hours in that, according to you life-threatening environment, and you saw only 11 people without  a proper wearing mask?

Others in this thread spent much less time there, and saw many more, as would be expected, and since this is a market in Thailand, obviously the majority of them will have been Thai.

Ever considered getting a life?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

"If you really were confronting people on the street you'd get knocked out in no time."..... of course. This happens all the time right. Knocked out? HAHAHA!! How often does a street fight end in a knockout? Dreamer. 

A lot...Anyway KOd or not you'd get a slap or a mouthful of abuse!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Speedhump said:

I have the right to stop idiots spreading a bad reputation of farang. Oh yes I do. And talking while wearing a mask spreads the virus worse than what? As I said, get over yourself. Loving the gammony criticisms here..... 

You have no such 'right'. Who granted you the right? When? and under which code of conduct? On whose authority?

The jesus kool aid drinkers excuse for no vax (but what if the people u infect are not among the "chosen ones"?)

Gennaro said she generally avoids vaccinations for her family in general, and the coronavirus vaccine is no different.
“All of the strong Christians that I associate with are against it,” she said. “Fear is what drives people to get the vaccine — plain and simple. The stronger someone’s trust is in the Lord, the least likely they are to want the vaccine or feel that it’s necessary.”

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A lot...Anyway KOd or not you'd get a slap or a mouthful of abuse!

"A lot..."... that might be true if you're talking about someone who's about to pass out anyway from all the drinking.

BTW, "a slap or a mouthful of abuse" is what a person could expect from a female. Just sayin.....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I know because I approached them all and called them out.

I had to read this a few times, still having difficulty believing that anyone really call people out. That's some statement and frankly, I don't believe it...........But I do believe the OP was there for hours trying to work out the behaviour...........................

18 hours ago, Speedhump said:

it's obvious why many Thais hate farang

Personally I don't think that 'many Thais hate farang' ....................Interesting that watching foreigners wear masks incorrectly for hours on end and now the OP considers himself a qualified psychologist.............

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, gunderhill said:

You need to raise  your  game and tell the Thais  also, that  will  really  improve the Thai  farang  image  you are  so  worried  about.

I did tell the Thai guy, well, signed to him. His mask was under his chin. He seemed not to care but when he went back to his clothes stall he put his mark up correctly. You seem to have a lot to say to me, so many of you have been triggered by the dirty farang thing. But I've seen it's true and others here have agreed.

7 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

If you'd done your research you would know that being close to people and talking to them spreads germs whereas the effect of masks on that is still unknown. So yes you were spreading germs more than they were.

As for your claim to be stopping idiots spreading the bad reputation of farangs, you were doing exactly the opposite. In Thailand any form of confrontation leads to an immediate loss of face. You would have been seen as a truly pitiful individual with no knowledge of the local culture by any Thai person watching you. But it seems humiliating yourself is not something you're concerned about.

You seem to have read something saying 'avoid conversations'. Please tell me where you saw that. Asking people politely to wear masks correctly is confrontation? What a bedwetter you are. So triggered by the fact that farang are breaking the law far more than Thai purely through bloodymindedness. It was also reported in another online forum. Yawn.

Edited by Speedhump
speeling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

BTW, "a slap or a mouthful of abuse" is what a person could expect from a female. Just sayin.....

Depends where you come from.

The Krays would have definitely given him a slap ........... just saying.

(Would assume a poster called 'TheHammer' came from East London)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Susco said:

So you spend several hours in that, according to you life-threatening environment, and you saw only 11 people without  a proper wearing mask?

Others in this thread spent much less time there, and saw many more, as would be expected, and since this is a market in Thailand, obviously the majority of them will have been Thai.

Ever considered getting a life?

I only observed deliberately for maybe 30-40 minutes, on the 2nd floor of a shopping mall, my figures are quite correct. I must have specifically looked at between 200 and 300 people (everyone around me during that time), but that's a total guess. Yes the majority were Thai, I made that point, and so the percentage of farang vs. Thais offending was therefore proportionally much higher. Afterward that time I was not checking, it wasn't my life's ambition to do this, I had just been upset by what I saw. So perhaps the amount of time I spent in the mall isn't relevant and it was pointless of me to mention it, I give you that much, but irrelevant anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bojo said:

I had to read this a few times, still having difficulty believing that anyone really call people out. That's some statement and frankly, I don't believe it...........But I do believe the OP was there for hours trying to work out the behaviour...........................

Personally I don't think that 'many Thais hate farang' ....................Interesting that watching foreigners wear masks incorrectly for hours on end and now the OP considers himself a qualified psychologist.............

I promise you hand on heart I asked them all to pull up their masks, almost all objected at first, one even saying 'and what f***ing business is it of yours, f*** off', etc. - he looked like the Pattaya ferry was still running, full tats, wifebeater vest, etc.

I don't believe that most Thais hate farang, and sorry I did give that impression. I have nothing but good experiences with Thais, I was only quoting the usual nonsense written here, and was probably trying to engender some replies, which I certainly did. 

8 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Yesterday on my morning walk I counted 9 Thai people in a single soi without a mask on.

What's your general hypothesis on that one then mate?

Will it be the old classic 'it's their country, their rules' standpoint, or the 'how do you know they were Thai?' offering.

Looking forward to your reply bud!

Did you stop and speak to them? How did you confirm they were Thai?

"Their country, their rules" The rule is to wear a mask. Do you have a problem with that?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Yesterday on my morning walk I counted 9 Thai people in a single soi without a mask on.

What's your general hypothesis on that one then mate?

Will it be the old classic 'it's their country, their rules' standpoint, or the 'how do you know they were Thai?' offering.

Looking forward to your reply bud!

How many farang did you observe. I'm guessing there were none or maybe one or two. My observations were in a shopping mall not in open air, no doubt there must be some relevance to the respective locations, I have no idea. But I saw what I saw just as you saw what you saw. Nothing to add. 

1 minute ago, Speedhump said:

How many farang did you observe. I'm guessing there were none or maybe one or two. My observations were in a shopping mall not in open air, no doubt there must be some relevance to the respective locations, I have no idea. But I saw what I saw just as you saw what you saw. Nothing to add. 

You called us dirty Farang on the basis of what you saw.

Is the same true for the Thai's then?

and btw there was not a single Farang in sight.

I dont live even remotely close to a tourism hotspot. 

Edited by WineOh
  • Like 1

Just now, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Hehe, what a lovely exchange between all these friendly individuals in the thread. If there weren't this lockdown again, I'd recommend we gather them all together to imbibe heavily, and have the results filmed for posterity.

I'm not bothered about being attacked, it comes with posting something in this swamp that will upset the denizens of this festering pit! I reply in kind; I apologise for that but won't change. 

Just now, WineOh said:

You called us dirty Farang on the basis of what you saw.

Is the same true for the Thai's then?

I used the expression and chose the target that a more important person than me has used here in the past, and I used it ironically. 

3 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

"Their country, their rules" The rule is to wear a mask. Do you have a problem with that?

No, I wear my mask religiously.

The 9 thais I saw in the soi did not, however. 

Edited by WineOh
  • Like 1