Thailand’s provincial governors to be allowed to impose curfews to control COVID-19

Jonathan Fairfield

ป้ายรอรถเมล์.jpeg

Provincial governors will be given the powers to impose tougher measures, including targeted curfews, to contain the spread of COVID-19 infections, under new guidelines to be issued by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

According to the prime minister’s Facebook page, the new guidelines also cover management of hospital beds, to make sure that all those infected with COVID-19 can get treatment, screening of the infected to determine whether they should be sent to a general hospital, a field hospital or a “hospitel” and recruitment of volunteers to help handle the increasing number of hotline calls.

The use of field hospitals as the centres for triage will help ease the workload at general hospitals, so medics can focus on treating serious cases.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-provincial-governors-to-be-allowed-to-impose-curfews-to-control-covid-19/

Logo-top-.png

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

whether they should be sent to a general hospital, a field hospital or a “hospitel”

Out if interest I wonder where this word “hospitel” originated?

I did a search, only two were linked to Paris, all the others were related to Thailand.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

One can only hope this is done in line with common sense and not done as a power grab.

Well as you know common sense is a very rare commodity here in Thailand, and only generally found on this forum (occasionally) ????

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, angey said:

i wonder why the authorities allow  shisha shops and cafes to operate til early hours of the morning in nana area &,sukhmvit soi 3,soi 5,soi 11 and many other places

Police brown envelopes certainly a must for shisha joints i know i opened one in 2001

Re governors Prayuth is  simply giving up and passing the buck

Edited by poohy
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The use of field hospitals as the centres for triage will help ease the workload at general hospitals, so medics can focus on treating serious cases.

God help anyone who ends up in one of these super spreader shed cess pits 

Edited by smedly
  • Like 2

Government has no clue how and what to do, so they give it to the Provinces so that latyer they can say.. they did it wrong you can't blame the Government. It were the governors who made the decisions.. Stupid stupid stupid leadership of Prayuth and his gang.. Unfortunately we can't get rid of them. but they have to leave the sooner the better. 

5 hours ago, Naturesway said:

Why the hell they started to force vaccination if everything is worse and worse than before?

What are you talking about?

No one is "forcing" vaccination.

The problem in Thailand is (1)it is largely unavailable, except for a few priority groups like medical workers, and not expected to start for general public for another montyh at least  and (2) among the priority groups, the less effective Sinovac vaccine has been used

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

What are you talking about?

No one is "forcing" vaccination.

The problem in Thailand is (1)it is largely unavailable, except for a few priority groups like medical workers, and not expected to start for general public for another montyh at least  and (2) among the priority groups, the less effective Sinovac vaccine has been used

I think they forgot to add the word 'not' between they & started ???? I think English is not their 1st language  ????

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

One can only hope this is done in line with common sense and not done as a power grab.

Common sense.? In Thailand no way.

It will all be about the power trip. Expect everything to be locked down and closed soon. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, lavender19 said:

Common sense.? In Thailand no way.

It will all be about the power trip. Expect everything to be locked down and closed soon. 

I am chief - in - charge mentalaty rules. Little man, small Willy & a uniform. Not a good combination in these times.

• Thanks 1

The Chiang Mai governor needs to grow a pair. 2nd highest CV19 cases and masks still aren't mandatory. He has done a pathetic job controlling the burning. Despite recent thunderstorms, AQI is still in the danger zone most days... Apparently (so the wife says) he is near retirement age and doesn't want to make any unwelcome decisions..

Edited by Forza2002