Next Registration of Vaccination Will Start from May 1

webfact

860bb28ff2eee4cac1a4f2a69d859271_small.jpg

By Paphamon Arayasukawat

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health has announced that registration for the next phase of vaccination will start from May 1.

A new version of MorPrompt (Doctor ready) reservation on Line application will launch from April 28 with 12 functions, including registration, vaccination date record, symptom follow-up, and reminder for second vaccine dose, for people willing to be vaccinated.

Registrants must be senior citizens aged 60 years and above and patients with seven chronic diseases: severe chronic respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease, stroke, chronic kidney disease, cancer of all types, diabetes and obesity. They will be given the AstraZeneca jab in June and July.

Phase 3 of inoculation will start in August for the general population aged 18-59 years with Sinovac, Sputnik V, AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines.

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Guderian said:

It doesn't actually mention it, but I suppose it's a fair bet that only those with a Thai national ID number can apply?

Any news, perchance, on the hospitals being allowed to flog us a few doses?

Here in Phuket, farangs can register with them for news on when they get the vaccines. I am sure it will be at a premium but available, nevertheless.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Registrants must be senior citizens aged 60 years and above and patients with seven chronic diseases: severe chronic respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease, stroke, chronic kidney disease, cancer of all types, diabetes and obesity. They will be given the AstraZeneca jab in June and July.

Does this include expats over the age of 60 who are healthy?

As I'm not a "citizen" or have any underlying conditions.

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Does this include expats over the age of 60 who are healthy?

As I'm not a "citizen" or have any underlying conditions.

No. It doesn't include expats at all. Thai ID card needed.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 3

On 4/26/2021 at 10:16 AM, webfact said:

I didn't know obesity was a disease. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I didn't know obesity was a disease. 

Maybe you should try to educate yourself more then.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/obesity/symptoms-causes/syc-20375742

Obesity is a complex disease involving an excessive amount of body fat. Obesity isn't just a cosmetic concern. It is a medical problem that increases your risk of other diseases and health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain cancers.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:16 AM, webfact said:

Presumably they mean one of these seven chronic diseases?

If you've got all of them I doubt vaccination will help much!

6 hours ago, Pib said:

Just tried using my 13 digit Pink ID card/Yellow Book number....no can do.   

After entering the number it basically comes back with a message saying your number is not in their database....will need to visit local health authorities.    Kinda like how people who try to use the online 90 day reporting system but can never get past the first page of data entry and the system says the person must visit their local immigration office.

And when the Thai wife started the registration process using her Thai ID card it was accepted but the app had her hardcoded as living in another province (Nakorn Pathom) vs Bangkok.  And you can not change the province they have you coded in/for as that selection is greyed-out and preloaded (right or wrong).    You can pick the district and sub-district within the hard-coded province, but you can' t change the province.

This probably occurred because many years she use to be loaded on her Mom's blue book in Nakhon Pathom.....but once we retired/moved to Thailand and bought our home her in Bangkok over a dozen years ago the wife was transferred off her Mom's blue book to her own blue book for the residence we bought here in Bangkok.   Even her Thai ID card has been reissued/renewed twice here in Bangkok with our Bangkok address on the Thai ID card.  

At this point the wife decided to abort the registration process because she's not thrilled about having her personal data saved in this Doctors Ready govt app and figured with it having her coded as living in another province the appointment system would probably  only offer her shots in that province where she (we) do not live.   This province (Nakorn Pathom) is next to Bangkok but it's still not our home province.  

Since I can't register using the app and since the wife's preloaded data appears incorrect, we decided we will just wait until we can register (manually probably) for vaccinations where we have more control over where the jabs would be offered and maybe even vaccine maker....like right here in Bangkok vs a province we do not live in.

I wonder if you need to have registered at a Thai hospital using the yellow book/pink card id first before the vaccine registration will find it in their data base. 

Have you used the pink card at hospitals in the past?

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Susco said:

Maybe you should try to educate yourself more then.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/obesity/symptoms-causes/syc-20375742

Obesity is a complex disease involving an excessive amount of body fat. Obesity isn't just a cosmetic concern. It is a medical problem that increases your risk of other diseases and health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain cancers.

Whether obesity is a literally a disease or not is an area of controversy but there is no doubt that it's a risk factor for developing other diseases.

Some have suggested that it was labeled a disease in the US so that insurance companies could be charged for treatments of it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Whether obesity is a literally a disease or not is an area of controversy but there is no doubt that it's a risk factor for developing other diseases.

Some have suggested that it was labeled a disease in the US so that insurance companies could be charged for treatments of it.

So it's not a disease in the US but is here. Alcoholism is a disease in the US and not here. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, rabas said:

I wonder if you need to have registered at a Thai hospital using the yellow book/pink card id first before the vaccine registration will find it in their data base. 

Have you used the pink card at hospitals in the past?

Yes, I have used my Pink card at a govt hospital before.  

I expect the info used by the Doctors Read app is info from the Thailand national ID database and the numbering system is different depending on whether you are a Thai citizen or not.  So, the govt is able pull info that would be for Thai citizens only.

• Thanks 1

And where I say "....numbering system..." above it's easy for the govt to select exactly what data is preloaded in the Doctors Ready database as the ID card numbering system breaks people into different categories...and of course they can then also pull by age since the govt wants to first schedule people 60 and over.....just a simple database query to pick the the data to be preloaded into the app's database.

Below is a snapshot showing how the first number of a Thai ID card is selected.   Like for my Thai wife her Thai ID card starts with a 3.    My Pink ID card/Yellow Book starts with a 6.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_identity_card

image.png.a1078e6b54aac91ced7769433ef1bd6c.png 

1 hour ago, Pib said:

And where I say "....numbering system..." above it's easy for the govt to select exactly what data is preloaded in the Doctors Ready database as the ID card numbering system breaks people into different categories...and of course they can then also pull by age since the govt wants to first schedule people 60 and over.....just a simple database query to pick the the data to be preloaded into the app's database.

Below is a snapshot showing how the first number of a Thai ID card is selected.   Like for my Thai wife her Thai ID card starts with a 3.    My Pink ID card/Yellow Book starts with a 6.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_identity_card

image.png.a1078e6b54aac91ced7769433ef1bd6c.png 

From '6'  I assume 'living in Thailand temporally' qualifies as residing in Thailand. The ID number originates with the yellow book, which lists household residents.

About the data base, it was mentioned in another thread that medical authorities have initially chosen 16 million peoples' names from hospital records.  So it's not everyone yet. If they only chose people over 60 or with pre-existing conditions, it's possible that medical status and not category '6' determines inclusion. 

I will ask my wife to install maw prawm this weekend.

11 minutes ago, rabas said:

About the data base, it was mentioned in another thread that medical authorities have initially chosen 16 million peoples' names from hospital records.  So it's not everyone yet. If they only chose people over 60 or with pre-existing conditions, it's possible that medical status and not category '6' determines inclusion. 

Now I saw some one mention (assume) they thought the 16 million names come from hospital records, but didn't provide no reference.  The best reference I've seen so far is the news story that starts this thread and it doesn't say where the 16 million names are coming from.  My guess/assumption it coming from the Thai ID national database.

My Thai wife has never received medical care in  a Thai govt hospital; only private hospitals and her name was preloaded in the app's database.

Now the Thai ID national database would not know if a person had a chronic disease but it sure knows everything else about you to include type of ID (Thai citizen, foreign national, etc.) and age. 

But maybe a list of people with chronic diseases where care is being received in a govt hospital has been included in the apps preloaded database....I don't know.

We are all guessing/assuming exactly how preloaded data was sourced for the app.   All I know the wife's Thai ID number was included (but with wrong province) and I was not with my Thai ID Pink card.  We are both over 60.

37 minutes ago, rabas said:

I will ask my wife to install maw prawm this weekend.

Don't be surprised if she can't get into it once (if) getting it loaded this weekend. Both the wife and I have it loaded on our phones for several days now...and as mentioned attempted registration the other day with no problem in using the app. 

However, today when tapping on the app menu links to try to do this or that---like attempt registration again-- the app just times out after trying to connect to the app's servers.   

The govt is now advertising the app on Thai TV....how to install it....how to use it...etc.   I expect millions are trying to install/use it right now...and surely over the coming days.  I expect app's servers are probably overloaded.