Battery Charging - Wet or dry. Who Knows?

Daffy D

So was looking through Lazada for a replacement UPS battery and noticed some batteries were described as DRY when in fact they were like the regular Lead/Acid WET batteries.

Confused? Well I am.  I have always considered the UPS lead/acid batteries as WET and charged the accordingly.

Lazada DRY battery - or is it?

Dry Battery 12v Battery 12ah Inhaler Injection UPS Emergency Power Supply Agricultural Tools Motorbike 

2097768248_LeadAcidBattery.jpg.46a9e354ac8d747d0f43d33334445870.jpg

On another related subject, my battery charger as well as having a WET or DRY option has two indicator lights, one red and one green.

The red lights up when the charger is switched on and the green, which I thought was an indication that the battery was fully charged NEVER comes on no matter how long I leave the battery on charge.

What is that green light for?

1291530988_BatteryCharger.jpg.5ebf3400cfeadf2142303c8937be3f1b.jpg

????

I think some batteries use gel. Is that wet or dry? 

Apart from that never trust any information on Lazada. Some info is different in the top from the description below.

What I do from time to time is to use the chat function in Lazada. That shows how fast and how competent the shops answer. If they don't answer or the answer does not make sense then I don't buy from them.

12 hours ago, Maybole said:

I recall many years ago buying Dry-charged battery. I had to add the acid myself and let it sit for an hour before using. Could this be what is meant ?

No, not really. In them old days you were sometimes able to buy a DRY as in empty battery for your car and put the acid mixture in yourself. That was a looong time ago.

When talking about wet and dry these days I think they mean wet as your regular car type battery and DRY as the Li-On and Nicad used in mobile phones and all sorts of electrical stuff including electric vehicles.

This is where the confusion comes in. In the link in my original post they were advertising a DRY battery but looking at a picture of the battery it says it's a "Sealed Led Acid Battery" which to my mind would make it a WET battery.

To add to the confusion, to me anyway, is that the battery charger has a WET or DRY setting, so what setting to use on this DRY but WET battery???

Where's that confused emoji? 

Been doing a little searching and seems WET batteries are your regular car type with the liquid acid sloshing about in them. Even if they are "Maintainance Free" as long as they have the liquid acid they are WET. 

Dry batteries on the other hand have GELL instead of liquid acid and for some reason are called DRY, though probably DAMP would have been less confusing.

Another thing, WET batteries can only be used in the upright position, whereas DRY batteries can be used in any orientation, the GELL does not leak out.

Battery Glossary

So there you have it ................................ ????