Concern for Thai family friend.

The Fugitive

Heard that a family friend, a Thai guy in his forties has suffered a stroke. He is in the I.T.U. at Provincial Government Hospital. So far, the doctors have given his chances as 50/50. He awaits a brain surgeon. For those of us with neither Government scheme or Health Care Plan it makes you think. He is a single guy, lives alone in the rear room of a shop. Assuming he pulls through, there is likely to be a degree of brain damage. Anyone know what options/facilities are available for him?  

Care at the government hospital and then usually in such  cases a person would move in with family.  The higher level government hospitals can provide speech therapy, physical therapy etc and there are also a few dedicated rehab hospitals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happened to my 52yo BiL a month or two back, was walking along the road and just toppled over. FIrst month to 6 weeks in hospital, then he's living with his family and a physical therapist calls round for 2 hours every other day. He's at the can hardly speak and can't walk without someone to support him stage.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Care at the government hospital and then usually in such  cases a person would move in with family.  The higher level government hospitals can provide speech therapy, physical therapy etc and there are also a few dedicated rehab hospitals.

Thanks very much for your help Sheryl!

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Happened to my 52yo BiL a month or two back, was walking along the road and just toppled over. FIrst month to 6 weeks in hospital, then he's living with his family and a physical therapist calls round for 2 hours every other day. He's at the can hardly speak and can't walk without someone to support him stage.

Thanks MrBritManToo. Good to know what can be done.

There are several online organizations that can offer help through their regular postings.

My Wife had a slight Stroke, and she found some of these Sites beneficial in things such as movement and strength exercises, and a little for Diet.

Hope this helps you a little 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There are several online organizations that can offer help through their regular postings.

My Wife had a slight Stroke, and she found some of these Sites beneficial in things such as movement and strength exercises, and a little for Diet.

Hope this helps you a little 

Yes, all suggestions appreciated thanks!

Just now, The Fugitive said:

Yes, all suggestions appreciated thanks!

No problem

Stroke can be a very debilitating illness, that needs constant and correct after care management.

Check out some of these site ( sorry cant remember names )as they offer so much support in all aspects of stroke care.

And not just for the affected Stroke victim.

Good luck, and my best wishes.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2021 at 4:16 PM, Cake Monster said:

No problem

Stroke can be a very debilitating illness, that needs constant and correct after care management.

Check out some of these site ( sorry cant remember names )as they offer so much support in all aspects of stroke care.

And not just for the affected Stroke victim.

Good luck, and my best wishes.

FYI

A website that I found, and the Wife uses for various things is relating to Her Stroke

" Flint Rehab " 

My wife is not too badly affected by Her Stroke, but she still has to take Meds, watch Her Diet and also do regular Exercises for Muscle strength and mobility.

Hope this helps a little

Good Luck

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

FYI

A website that I found, and the Wife uses for various things is relating to Her Stroke

" Flint Rehab " 

My wife is not too badly affected by Her Stroke, but she still has to take Meds, watch Her Diet and also do regular Exercises for Muscle strength and mobility.

Hope this helps a little

Good Luck

Have bookmarked this and am checking it out now, thank you very much!