Let Us Know What Courses Are Still Open During Covid

ASEAN NOW Golf

Every day different provinces across Thailand are going and making their own lockdown rules regarding Covid 19.

Therefore it is exceedingly difficult to get a clear picture and keep you all up to date.

We know that the majority of courses in Chonburi are still open, but as this can change daily.

Therefore if any of you golfers out there get any information re closures at golf clubs anywhere in Thailand, then do please let us know by making a post or comment here on our Golf in Thailand forum.

golf-banner.gif

Down here in Phuket Loch Palm and Red Mountain are still open but I think if word gets out just how many players are not wearing their face masks, its only a matter of time before they shut them down. I live on Loch Palm and I estimate more than 75% and probably closer to 90% of players are not wearing face masks. All caddies adhere to this rule as I think its a condition of their employment. All the golf carts are fitted with plastic partitions to separate the caddies from the players for safety. 

• 2 weeks later...

According to the President of the East Coast Golf Courses Association (EGA) who cover the 28 courses around Pattaya and region all course are open and are operating under Covid restrictions as of May 13th 2021. 

Still we advise you call ahead as the situation across Thailand is changing daily.

I you know of any courses that are closed let us know please.

Udon golf courses such as Srithani, Royal Creek, Wing 23, and the Army course are all open. They have put a plastic divide between the driver and passenger on the golf carts so most customers do not wear a mask except at the club house. Victory Park @ Nong Khai the caddies ride on the back of the cart and wear a mask as all caddies do at the above mentioned courses.. Hot and humid dirty reused mask I keep waiting on a bacterial pneumonia outbreak among the caddies... which will probably be blamed on COVID and not the dirty mask.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Sir James is open… wife and I also stayed. There is quite a restriction to buggie going on the fairway. You do quite a lot of walking and the fairways are hard and they have let the grass grow to protect.

Mountain Creek is also open.

Now we are at Panorama and will stay a few days.  The greens are the best that we have found anywhere in Thailand… speed today 9.5. so it said and they were quick.

Cost to stay and play for both of us at weekend is 3950thb and during the week is 3250thb. Not quite Sure of the breakdown as the package is cheaper. Condo accommodation is on two levels so quite large and is ok.

Unfortunately the swimming pool is not open..

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2021 at 6:02 PM, AUSSIE BOB said:

Down here in Phuket Loch Palm and Red Mountain are still open but I think if word gets out just how many players are not wearing their face masks, it's only a matter of time before they shut them down. I live on Loch Palm and I estimate more than 75% and probably closer to 90% of players are not wearing face masks. All caddies adhere to this rule as I think it's a condition of their employment. All the golf carts are fitted with plastic partitions to separate the caddies from the players for safety. 

Yeash agree. I play regularly at these courses and lately despite the issues with increased infections and restrictions players (falangs only as far as I have seen) are not obeying the regulations with masks. Bad form old chap bad form indeed! 

6 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

the issues with increased infections and restrictions players (falangs only as far as I have seen) are not obeying the regulations with masks. Bad form old chap bad form indeed! 

Curious but are there any signs up at the courses that you have to wear a mask whilst playing?

Around the Pattaya courses all the foreigners pretty much don't wear a mask, that I have noticed, including me. I walk and even wearing a mask for the first hole or 2 is damned uncomfortable. 

When Covid first hit we were told that it was better not to wear a mask when exercising. I consider walking a golf course as exercise. I also used to ask If the caddie was ok with me not wearing a mask and did not have one who ever demurred........

On 5/29/2021 at 2:01 PM, JAS21 said:

Yes Sir James is open… wife and I also stayed. There is quite a restriction to buggie going on the fairway. You do quite a lot of walking and the fairways are hard and they have let the grass grow to protect.

Now we are at Panorama and will stay a few days.  The greens are the best that we have found anywhere in Thailand… speed today 9.5. so it said and they were quick.

Cost to stay and play for both of us at weekend is 3950thb and during the week is 3250thb. Not quite Sure of the breakdown as the package is cheaper. Condo accommodation is on two levels so quite large and is ok.

During the week the package is 2000Baht. Accommodation for two persons and ‘all in’ golf for one person. Second golfer pays 1250Baht ‘all in’

BUT BEWARE… we stayed overnight instead of driving back after golf and we’re charged 1800Baht……

On 5/29/2021 at 2:01 PM, JAS21 said:

Panorama is a good single track country course...I remember rabbits everywhere. 

On 6/7/2021 at 1:28 PM, Thaivisa Golf said:

Panorama is a good single track country course...I remember rabbits everywhere. 

1250thb 'all in' is an ok price. Just wish it wasn't so far from anywhere with an access road that I needed to carefully negotiate the potholes. Also wish I could find some  better, not too expensive' accommodation and not too far away. Mountain Creek accommodation is not that cheap and their Swimming Pool is also shut and I wouldn't be too keen to use the pool villa pools ... not at present anyway.

No rabbits ...