Muslim Protests

dominique355

I am sooooooooo sick of these people in general not just in Thailand. Seriously isn't it easier to do nothing and go about your daily business worship your god and do what it is you have to do rather than cause problems on a global scale. I just don't get the ignorance and yes I know it is not all the Muslims but they need to take care of their own and show the world that they are part of the solution not part of the problem.

Just curious, did you guys raise your voices in protest after Tak Bai happened? To refresh your memory, that was when 85 young men arrested at a demonstration were piled 5-6 high in the back of trucks and left to die in the sun. Nobody was punished for that, in fact the top Army officer in charge was later to receive a promotion. You did write letters and all that, right? Didn't think so, and a lot of Thais weren't concerned either.

Point being that this is not a one-sided affair. I don't know the details of that protest and the people arrested, and suspect you don't either. They could well be guilty, but if history is anything to go by they could be totally innocent. If you know the history of the South you will know that the Thai government has been guilty of some pretty atrocious behavior over the years as well. You reap what you sow.

Edited by qualtrough

I am sooooooooo sick of these people in general

i fully agree. muslims are the root of all evil. best would be to eradicate 20% of the worlds population. then peace and happiness will prevail... just like before Islam was established. nobody ever heard of wars and terror before the seventh century. the peaceful roman empire, Alexander the Great (and the like) created paradise on earth. only after Islam was established the catholic church started to burn and torture Jews, witches and heretics, countries went to war against each other (one lasted 30 years in Europe) and this goddamn nazi muslims in Germany invented genocide and tried it in locations such as Auschwitz, Treblinka, Bergen-Belsen.

whenever we see muslims let's try our best and bash their heads in with baseball clubs. and that goes for women and children too!

:o

Just curious, did you guys raise your voices in protest after Tak Bai happened? To refresh your memory, that was when 85 young men arrested at a demonstration were piled 5-6 high in the back of trucks and left to die in the sun. Nobody was punished for that, in fact the top Army officer in charge was later to receive a promotion. You did write letters and all that, right? Didn't think so, and a lot of Thais weren't concerned either.

Point being that this is not a one-sided affair. I don't know the details of that protest and the people arrested, and suspect you don't either. They could well be guilty, but if history is anything to go by they could be totally innocent. If you know the history of the South you will know that the Thai government has been guilty of some pretty atrocious behavior over the years as well. You reap what you sow.

As I recollect the protest centred on the detention of several local people for "aiding and abetting insurgents".

These people had been issued with shotguns by the authorities and had surrendered them to men who came

in the night and "requested" them. Their defense , and it sounded plausible enough to me , was that they

had acted under duress. Also relatives of some of the Tak Bai victims claimed that their kin were not

participating in the protest , they just found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Bangkok has always sent its "bad apples" amongst the police and military to work down South also. Its seemingly preferable to sacking them.

There were a lot of Tak Bai videos on youtube that showed the other side of the story. Horrendous footage of what actually went on down there. You can understand how the Southern Muslim people hate Bangkok authorities' brutal, vindictive treatment of them.

"whenever we see muslims let's try our best and bash their heads in with baseball clubs. and that goes for women and children too!"

That is totally not what I said, implied or meant. My point is that 80% of the Muslims yell how they aren't doing anything wrong (and I truly believe that they aren't) but they need to do some house keeping on their own and turn Islam into the peaceful religion they claim it is.

Muslims and Chirstians are somewhat similiar. Christians are more politically correct in their actions than the Muslems. So how they conduct their terror is more widely accepted.

Maybe China has the answer. They have been around forever and you don't read too much about terrorism in China.

What are they doing that the rest of the world is failing to do? Perhaps there is something we can learn from the "evil Chinese empire".

Muslims and Chirstians are somewhat similiar. Christians are more politically correct in their actions than the Muslems. So how they conduct their terror is more widely accepted.

Maybe China has the answer. They have been around forever and you don't read too much about terrorism in China.

What are they doing that the rest of the world is failing to do? Perhaps there is something we can learn from the "evil Chinese empire".

The development imbalance between the Christian countries and the Islamic ones is largely due to separation of religion from state. The recent rise of fundamentalist Christians in the US is just as worrying (to me) as their counterparts in the Islamic states. They claim they have a mandate from God, rather than the people who elected them, which is a rather large backwards step, imo.

You won't read anything about any social or political problems in China, because of blanket censorship and brutal repression of minorities.

I was sent this email yesterday, which I thought was interesting. It doesn't apply in many countries, (such as Thailand, or UK for that matter), but I think maybe there will be a backlash and this is the first manifestation of it...

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia ." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, Canadian and American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths !

If you agree please SEND THIS TO EVERYBODY YOU KNOW!

The development imbalance between the Christian countries and the Islamic ones is largely due to separation of religion from state. The recent rise of fundamentalist Christians in the US is just as worrying (to me) as their counterparts in the Islamic states. They claim they have a mandate from God, rather than the people who elected them, which is a rather large backwards step, imo.

You won't read anything about any social or political problems in China, because of blanket censorship and brutal repression of minorities.

They seem to have outlasted most other empires and cultures. Perhaps they are doing something right.

Just curious, did you guys raise your voices in protest after Tak Bai happened? To refresh your memory, that was when 85 young men arrested at a demonstration were piled 5-6 high in the back of trucks and left to die in the sun.

Well observed.

MF

Edited by Maizefarmer

I was sent this email yesterday, which I thought was interesting. It doesn't apply in many countries, (such as Thailand, or UK for that matter), but I think maybe there will be a backlash and this is the first manifestation of it...

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia ." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, Canadian and American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths !

If you agree please SEND THIS TO EVERYBODY YOU KNOW!

I just love the Aussies absolutely no BullS*** theres too much of this in the Uk it actually needs someone to stand up and start talking straight!! I dont really agree with any religion because as soon as its challenged by science they arent happy. Im sure I read somewhere that scientists were getting close to seeing how the universe started but the pope stepped in and asked them not to investigate any further ha ha worried he may lose his job??. I really hope at some point in the future they can prove something to stop all religions dead in their tracks, same as "the earth is flat" spouted centuries ago.

I see many religions as causing problems, they ought to make "common sense" a religion I mean honestly I fail to understand how people can believe they will die and come back or go to a heaven with not a single recorded case ever and I do not count religious scriptures as proof.So beacsue we are here someone or thing "must" have made us rather than say we "dont know" we get religion, the blind leading the blind. Tell a story a million times and it bears no relation to the truth. Many religions came about at a time when they only had a little knowledge of the world around them with many beliefs simply demolished by discovery.

Oh and dont forget my religion is better than or more correct than yours so lets go bash each others heads in for a few hundred years!! Always good for a laugh, my Gods the only real god squad etc etc "thou shalt not kill" unless you believe another god ha ha ha .

Oh and please remember its only my view and at present has no more value than yours I have no problem with you believing in your "gods" until it starts to affect whole countries and ends in huge stupid wars. Religion should be solely on a personal level.

They seem to have outlasted most other empires and cultures. Perhaps they are doing something right.

I agree. They will be the next dominant culture / superpower. They do seem to plan ahead and think beyond the normal time span of a lot of Western politicians too.

I agree. They will be the next dominant culture / superpower. They do seem to plan ahead and think beyond the normal time span of a lot of Western politicians too.

Maybe that's because these chinese politicians have a job for life, contrary to the west, where politics are about grabbing as much as possible in the shortest time possible, and governing is a very low priority.

cheers

onzestan

Maybe that's because these chinese politicians have a job for life, contrary to the west, where politics are about grabbing as much as possible in the shortest time possible, and governing is a very low priority.

cheers

onzestan

I think so. A long political career in power means having to tackle political "hot potatoes", exert real will and planning, and not deliberately leave minefields and massive problems for the next hapless incumbent.... Western politics has become very cynical and rotten. Maybe its time for some fresh thinkers? :o

Although any political system that can starve 30 million of its own people with some daft agrarian (and the wonderfully ironically titled) "Great Leap Forward" must raise a few doubts about its competence? :D

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia ,

Agree with that....if no respect for people of other cultures the get out

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia ."

No problem provided that they accept to be treated as inferior being

"However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

Own culture? what a joke!....great lifestyle of course

No struggles at all if you read history....no war, no natural disasters, no poverty but wealth, full of natural resources..the only ones seeking freedom have been the political refugees in there.

This is a lesson that farangs should listen...Australian coming to Thailand are so adaptable that the first thing they do is to learn Thai.

Everybody who speak English with accent is treated with contemp....sorry let me correct this....everyone who is not Caucausian. For Australian, English from Scotlad, Ireland, Liverpool and others that require subtitle in the movies are ok...

"If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

A valid argument against religion ethnic groups. They are always distracted to societies.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this."

Provided that you are accept to be bellow their class....every competitive migrant is treated with contempt in there.

Australians do not know how to discriminate between good and bad migrants. As soon as they perceive something that disturbs their exclusive peaceful and blessed lifestyle, immediately their phobia arises.

This is the typical Australian phobic message intending to maintain the belief that white Caucasian people are the only ones that should be allowed in their privileged country, and that migrants are the reason of all their problems.

This has nothing to do with Muslims extremist who intend to destroy everything that western beliefs stand for.

Edited by torito

Well, for starters they excecute more people than any other country in the world, according to Amnesty they proberly execute more people than the rest of the world put together :o

:D

Edited by larvidchr

In the same way....this is Thailand...if anybody does not like the way things are or the chaos here or the "stupidity" or the way thais do things here.......please or please get out and go back to where you came from. This country will be continue without all these whingers.

"whenever we see muslims let's try our best and bash their heads in with baseball clubs. and that goes for women and children too!"

That is totally not what I said, implied or meant. My point is that 80% of the Muslims yell how they aren't doing anything wrong (and I truly believe that they aren't) but they need to do some house keeping on their own and turn Islam into the peaceful religion they claim it is.

you must be well travelled having met nearly a billion people and listened to their opinions.

Although any political system that can starve 30 million of its own people with some daft agrarian (and the wonderfully ironically titled) "Great Leap Forward" must raise a few doubts about its competence? :D

The Chinese have always ended up fighting amongst themselves throughout history. Their dominance of the future is FAR from assured. :o

Anybody else see the snippet on CNN about four Arab/Americans who've started a

comedy act called "The Axis of Evil"?

They had one great line , which I paraphrase (a lot) :

"Since the fall of communism we understand that America needed a new enemy.

We realise we fulfill that role and will continue to do so until somebody replaces us.

That is why we ask you to join with us in taunting North Korea as much as possible".