You might need the "no-letter" letter from your Embassy for COVID 60-day extension

I had immigration in Hua Hin demand an embassy letter or a bribe to get a covid extension about a month ago.  I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and went home to get vaccinated.  I didn't know about the "no letter" option.

I'd rather not say, sorry.  I would if I really thought it would help someone, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't.   Because, you read about this "no-letter" and bring it just in case wherever you go; regardless if it's where I went or not.  

If I was "new" to Thailand I would have worried.  Now I don't care as much.....I could pay 1900 for one week, and then go to a province where I was VERY sure I didn't need that letter.  Flying home isn't the end of the world, since I'd get the vac...maybe a blessing in disguise.

Anyhow, send an email to your embassy asking for a letter.  They will respond, "dude, you don't need a letter."  print out that email showing that it came from your embassy and went to you...

curious how much the bribe would be.....i would have paid 4000 instead of 2000, no more, since you can go someone else and pay 2000.  1900, 2000....depends where you go as well.  

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

curious how much the bribe would be.....i would have paid 4000 instead of 2000, no more, since you can go someone else and pay 2000.  1900, 2000....depends where you go as well.  

So it was probably in Udon Thani.

When they "forget" to return the 100THB change (they seem to "forget" it every time though) just ask for, they will return it no problem.

2 hours ago, Ventenio said:

They were asking an additional 5K or 7k total.  I didn't have the option of going to another IO because I had a non-O ed extension I needed to cancel first before I could get the covid extension.  Probably why they thought they could extort me.

9 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

They were asking an additional 5K or 7k total.  I didn't have the option of going to another IO because I had a non-O ed extension I needed to cancel first before I could get the covid extension.  Probably why they thought they could extort me.

5000 is interesting.  7000 I would have said no.  many factors if I would say NO if I was in your situation.......but I think you went with your gut and that really is the most important.  

@jackdd I haven't been to Udon for many years....I went to the mall and then walked around some weird bars near the mall.  I liked KK better, but I could see how Udon could work for some.  Definitely a city I wanted to see.  I don't think Udon has any hills or water nearby, which is what I like.  

Now that I think about it, I didn't get a receipt either.  Last time I did. The receipt said 1900 but I didn't get change.  

Yea, they probably did the pause......will he ask for the 100?   ... pause..... no?  ok, bye bye.  I'm sure many places know this trick.  Falang won't risk his stay for 100....unless on retirement or married or with a Thai wife or something.  

First you do not need the letter, you just need to tick the box saying that your embassy doesn't give letter.

Second, Hua him is one of the worst immigration in the country. Go somewhere else far from these rats.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 3:37 PM, natway09 said:

I am a bit surprised that they are sill issuing Covid extensions

Must be getting to the stage where it is an excuse to stay

Negatively surprised ?

do you mean that people should not be allowed to get it ?

• Like 2