Driving down from BKK To Samui

I'm kind of thinking about driving down by car to Donsak Pier and then going to Samui tomorrow, I'm in Bangkok right now (Huai Kwang).  Not sure if it's a good idea though, the numbers are going down but there are some new restrictions AFAIK, it changes daily... Did anyone travel to Samui recently? Is it possible now without any kind of quarantine?

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Crossy said:

This may also get in the way

Implementing this for metro Bangkok?
That would need an army (Chinese style).

Personally I would need an urgent reason to do a lengthy trip currently.

Hm the only way I see it, is I would have to tell them I'm coming from the orange zone if there's a checkpoint, and there would still be a problem with a probable quarantine after getting off the boat... Well I guess I'll try to go there another time, thanks for the replies!

If you do go make sure you book with Seatran car ferry ahead of time.  Hope you can go we loved the trip last month, pre-covid zones.  Great prices and not crowded.

• Like 1

We were going to drive to Samui from Pattaya this month. We cancelled the trip because of the current situation. Anyway I think effective today might have a problem convincing city hall that a trip from Pattaya to Samui is essential for a break.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steelerian said:

At the airport, last night, we had to scan the QR code, fill in the form to say where we had come from, then we tald to self isolate at home for 14 days if we came from a red zone. We were also told to monitor ourselves for symptoms, and given a form to fill in ever day, and send to a Bophut Health LINE account.

Thanks for that update.

It seems to be so inconsistent.