Chiang Mai Prohibits Indoor Mass Gatherings

e871932e36befc3d58e2ead17ec73f10_small.jpeg

CHIANG MAI (NNT) - Chiang Mai has issued a ban on mass gatherings at indoor venues from Saturday in an effort to curb the spread of Covid-19 in the province.

Over 55 new Covid-19 cases were confirmed in Chiang Mai yesterday, bringing the total number of patients to 3,630, while 15 are in critical condition and five have died.

The provincial committee on communicable diseases, therefore, has decided to temporarily ban people from participating in mass gatherings at places like indoor stadiums and restaurants.

Those travelling from red and dark red zones are required to report to disease control officials for 14-day observation. Those who are not being observed cannot leave the observation area without a proper reason. Travel in Chiang Mai will be controlled. The wearing of face masks is required for going out in public, or else violators will be fined up to 20,000 baht.

nnt.jpg

The more you hear slip out the more I think CM is in a tough dangerous spot. What about Malls, supermarkets. hyper markets? Even wholesale Makro is bulging with people up here. 

15 in critical condition and 5 dead. I hope those numbers are not bigger than that.

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

The more you hear slip out the more I think CM is in a tough dangerous spot. What about Malls, supermarkets. hyper markets? Even wholesale Makro is bulging with people up here. 

15 in critical condition and 5 dead. I hope those numbers are not bigger than that.

They will learn soon enough.

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Those travelling from red and dark red zones are required to report to disease control officials for 14-day observation.

I haven't been back to CM from Lamphun for a week.  Have they set up roadblocks on Highway 11 at the HW11/HW121 interchange? Or are they just spewing hot air again? 

8 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah, I agree.  If this was so freaking dangerous - why the h*ll are the Malls open?  Groceries are essential.  Looking for designer handbags at Central is not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, connda said:

I haven't been back to CM from Lamphun for a week.  Have they set up roadblocks on Highway 11 at the HW11/HW121 interchange? Or are they just spewing hot air again? 

My daughter is trapped in Lamphun.

1 hour ago, connda said:

Have they set up roadblocks on Highway 11 at the HW11/HW121 interchange?

In the past week there weren't roadblocks or checkpoints.

They might put some up now.

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My daughter is trapped in Lamphun.

Then I guess so am I?  The only thing I need in CM is an affordable SSD drive for my computer.  But?  It's not a "need", it's a "want."  It can wait. 

15 hours ago, Fromas said:

In the past week there weren't roadblocks or checkpoints.

They might put some up now.

The reason I'm skeptical is because during Songkran when the "government" was stating that all those from Red-Zones needed to quarantine, and yet I never once saw a road-block at the HW11/HW121 interchange or any other "enforcement", but?  I did see a whole bunch of vehicles with BKK license plates and points South as the 'carriers" were allow unfettered travel from Covid Hot-Zones to anywhere they wanted to go.  Then Chiang Mai goes "Dark-Red."

CM governance: "We Never Saw It Coming!!!"

Of course not.  You were too busy adjusting your freaking blindfolds. Now the population you misgovern pays the price.  Good job gents!  From CM right down to the rarefied air of Government House.  Excellent job.  You couldn't have done a better job of spreading SARS-Cov-2 if you had planned it.  ????

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, connda said:

Then I guess so am I?  The only thing I need in CM is an affordable SSD drive for my computer.  But?  It's not a "need", it's a "want."  It can wait. 

Buy it on Lazada.  JIB (same as the JIB shops in all the malls) sell on Lazada.

eg https://www.lazada.co.th/products/jib-500-gb-ssd-wd-black-sn750-pcienvme-m2-2280-wds500g3x0c-i299314664-s514136182.html?spm=a2o4m.seller.list.7.31e441d2EhdCny&mp=1&freeshipping=1

or buy direct from their website https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/product_search/0?str_search=WD BLACK SN750&cate_id[]=

10 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Off-topic, but.....I have a thread on this issue over in the Computer section.
Lazada prices are ridiculously expensive.  Small selection/high prices/off-brands for a 100x70x7 form factor. 
I'll look at JIB though.  I had not thought of them.  Thanks.

Edited by connda

51 minutes ago, connda said:

you can buy from invade it or other online shops. These things are not that expensive.