Pink ID card

To apply for a Pink ID card it says I need to take the original ta bian ban (Yellow Book) with me to an amphur or Tessaban. I assume my landlord has an original Yellow Book and is unlikely to lend it to me. Is a copy OK?

If you've not applied for a yellow book youself there won't be one.

So task A. is to find out what your local ampur want in order to issue you with one.

49 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

How to get a Yellow House Book (Tabien Baan) + Pink ID Card in Thailand (2021)

https://writingbymatt.com/thailand-yellow-book/

Quite good.

In Bkk, amphurs are called Khet.

Every Khet makes up its own hoops that you have to jump through.

E.g.:

- You need 2 Thai witnesses PLUS an interpreter.  (That makes 3 persons)

- You must call at 9 a.m. to get an appointment,  appointment will be at the same day - if you cannot get one on this day,  call another day (so your 3 Thais have to be on stand-by).

- The Thai witnesses have to bring their blue house book, ID card is not enough (that means,  no witnesses whose family is not in Bangkok.  The house book is kept with the family in Nakhon Nowhere, and they won't carry it around).

- We give you a yellow house book, but it's just an empty form. We just don't enter any name in it (so it's a useless piece of paper,  your name has to be in it)

- You cannot enter the district office without an appointment.  Appointments are not made.  If you say you made an appointment,  that's a lie. 

- Yellow house book is not for farang.

I like the last two, they are clear and simple and save you a lot of work. 

• Like 1

You need the consent of the owner or the registered 'House Master' in the Blue book to apply for a Yellow Book as a foreigner registered at their address.

Pointless wasting time at a Khet finding out their requirements if the House Owner doesn't agree to cooperate.