The blessed few........

Blessed are the few.

Long-term Expats, that is to say. Millions of Tourists would like to enter Thailand, but are kept away by ever changing "Anty-Corona-Measures", issued by the many Thai-Authorities that think that they have a say in it.
While the domestic Virus-Infection rate remains low in Thailend (compared to the rest of other parts of the world), why would a well established Farang having lived in the Isaan for a long time feel restricted by not being allowed to travel to Pattaya. And why would a true Farang Pattaya dweller feel restricted if he is not allowed to travel to "rural-Thailand"?
Both of them would not miss each others environement. Restrictions? Just remain as a polite Farang that does the annual exensions and files the 90 Day reports as usual and make sure that your monthly financial resorces originating from Europe/US dont't run dry.

To live in a relatively stable environement in a thrird world country these days (with or without Corona) is a privilege. The fact that there is an increasing number or Farangs, looking "for better places than Thailand" is remarkable. The countries (mostly selected), clearly qualify as "Failed-States". Therefore, with  lax "immigration-rules". I myself would not allow my daughter to marry a male, feeling the urge to relocate to an "Easy-Visa" failed state.

So, again, blessed are the Farangs, having established themselves in Thailand having made sure that the supportive funds originating from an universe called "the west" will keep flowing. With or without Corona.

Blessed are the "Hard-Core-Farangs" in Thailand with mental and financial stamina. Some of them I envy, others I don't. Before the average Farang Expat in Thailand starts to complain, including relocating to a "failed-state", do yourself a favor: Think again!
Cheers.

Says a farang living under a junta Government set up following a military coup? 

There is no guarantee of stability. Even in Thailand you need an exit plan.

Edited by AlexRich
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Says a farang living under a junta Government set up following a military coup? 

There is no guarantee of stability. Even in Thailand you need an exit plan.

The only exit plan that is 100% foolproof is death.

• Like 1