Scb Branch At New Airport

Hello all. Could anyone tell me if there is a branch of the SCB Bank at the new airport. I need to make a deposit into my account and not just exchange cash. I had a look last time I was there but was in a bit of a hurry and couldn't find one.

Thanks

SCB and TMB hold exclusive rights for banking services at Suvarnabhumi. They have dozens of locations throughout including banking, FOREX and ATM services.

Look here, for details and maps.

SCB Bank, FOREX & ATM

level

2 Main Terminal & Baggage Claim Area

3 Main Terminal

4 Main Terminal

6 Main Terminal

I am fairly certain that you would get the same rate at the SCB branch at BKK as you would at any SCB branch anywhere. You could probably get a better rate at one of the wholesale money changers (SuperRich, Vasu, et al.) in town than you might get at an SCB branch.

I've mentioned this many times in other threads on TV, but needs repeating here. AFAIK, all banks in Thailand give a much worse exchange rate when changing cash outside of normal banking hours. This is mostly noticeable at the airport because many people arrive at the airport late at night, early in the morning, or on weekends and get a much worse rate than they see later at the same bank in the city. I believe the rate will be identical, but only if comparing the rate at the same time. If you're arriving (or departing) outside of normal banking hours you'll likely get a better rate by waiting till the start of banking hours.

All banks here modify their exchange rates throughout the day, sometimes as often as 24 times in one day (but not all currencies might change). I do not believe that rates vary due to some vague definition of "normal banking hours" as all banks have branches that have widely varying opening hours with many open later in the evening and on Saturdays and Sundays.