Red Horse beer

Susco

I read a few times on this forum and elsewhere that Red Horse is a well tasting beer, produced by the San Miguel brewery.

I'm sure I have seen it in the past, though never consumed it.

Today I've been looking for it in several places, as I would like to give a taste test, but can't find it anywhere.

Is it still available in Thailand, and if so where? I'm in the Pattaya area, so if someone could point me where it is sold, it will be appreciated.

Just now, clivebaxter said:

Tops stock it. stronger than it used to be, I prefer San Miguel wheat beer at 55 baht 5.4%

Thanks for the mention of the San Miguel wheat beer, as I've never seen that either.

The wheat beer from Cheers so far is the only one I consider consumable.

Any idea about price for the Red Horse?

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

I have find it from Big C but its not same. In Philippines its about 7,5% in Thailand less %. 

I looked at Big C Xtra today, and they didn't have it.

Alcohol content is not the reason why I want to try it, as i don't judge taste of beer by its alcohol content

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

Thanks for the mention of the San Miguel wheat beer, as I've never seen that either.

The wheat beer from Cheers so far is the only one I consider consumable.

Any idea about price for the Red Horse?

Don't buy it any longer as it does not taste as good, never seen Cheers wheat beer, the San Miguel one is a recent addition to our local 7/11, not too heavy.

6 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Don't buy it any longer as it does not taste as good, never seen Cheers wheat beer, the San Miguel one is a recent addition to our local 7/11, not too heavy.

The Cheers wheat beer is available in 7/11, it's called Siam Weizen

The San Mig Blanca is new to the market and is an excellent wheat beer that i have bought in bottles. As for Red Horse, i have only ever drank the original in Philippines (or Dubai) from a red can and yes, it is very strong, about 7.9% alcohol. ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

That's it too weak, think it's 4.5 the San Miguel one is a really nice drink

Like I said already, alcohol content is not a factor for judging the taste of a beer.

The Siam Weizer is only 4%, and consumable for me. If I recall correctly I also tried the Snowy Weizer, and it smelled and tasted like dishwasher soap.

• Like 1

I looked for the San Miguel blanca today. Saw it in Makro, but at 840 Baht for 12x490 can, I thought was a bit much to just give it try.

Must be damn good if I pay that price for a beer.

19 hours ago, Stocky said:

Red Horse Pi$$

Not seen it in ages, I bought a bottle from Big-C a couple of years ago, just to give it a try, but it was awful stuff.

If you mix it with dry cider to make a snakebite, it tastes more palatable.

I am stunned at the volume of sub-par beers put out by the beer breweries here. I used to believe that they just didn't know what they were doing, but now I wonder if it's something to do with the preference of local taste-buds.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2021 at 9:27 PM, Susco said:

Like I said already, alcohol content is not a factor for judging the taste of a beer.

The Siam Weizer is only 4%, and consumable for me. If I recall correctly I also tried the Snowy Weizer, and it smelled and tasted like dishwasher soap.

I agree with you in general. But how come you know what dishwasher soap tastes like????????........

Red horse is originally  a Philippines beer 7.2% and a nice drink, not easily found in Thailand.

Singha are making a brew also called Red Horse 8% which I found sweet and not nice, I hate to think what the hangover would be like if you drank a lot of it.

Pic is the Thai brew.

red horse thai.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pjuk said:

Red horse is originally  a Philippines beer 7.2% and a nice drink, not easily found in Thailand.

Singha are making a brew also called Red Horse 8% which I found sweet and not nice, I hate to think what the hangover would be like if you drank a lot of it.

Pic is the Thai brew.

red horse thai.png

Don't spread disinformation. The can in your picture  is the original San Miguel Red horse beer, which is originally 8%.

Singha does not have a beer called Red Horse, and even if they did have in the past, I'm sure they would not use the San Miguel logo.

Best Beer in Asia found in the Philippines?

Red Hose used to be available at Big C but not any longer. Excellent beer. Since a few years back, when it disappeared off the shelves in Thailand, I've been looking for it in Pattaya to no avail.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 10:56 AM, Susco said:

Don't spread disinformation. The can in your picture  is the original San Miguel Red horse beer, which is originally 8%.

Singha does not have a beer called Red Horse, and even if they did have in the past, I'm sure they would not use the San Miguel logo.

Best Beer in Asia found in the Philippines?

Opps sorry your right. Genuine mistake. Tried to delete post but cannot .

• Thanks 1