Covid 19 Vaccination for expats.

Its impossible to register for the Government Covid vaccine scheme, as an Expat in Pattaya. 

So the Government told all foreigners to register for the Covid Vaccine on Saturday.

Can't register through the App as it won't accept my Pink ID details even though it accepts my Thai wife.

Phoned Pattaya City Hall they told me to register at Banglamung Hospital.

Phoned Banglamung Hospital, they said there is NO SYSTEM in place to register foreigners.

Maybe the Ambassador or his staff can phone the Chonburi Governor and ask what systems they have put in place to register foreign Expats in Pattaya, as per the Government's instructions, and when are they going to inform the Expat community about them?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

Its impossible to register for the Government Covid vaccine scheme, as an Expat in Pattaya. 

So the Government told all foreigners to register for the Covid Vaccine on Saturday.

Can't register through the App as it won't accept my Pink ID details even though it accepts my Thai wife.

Phoned Banglamung Hospital, they said there is NO SYSTEM in place to register foreigners.

Maybe the Ambassador or his staff can phone the Chonburi Governor and ask what systems they have put in place to register foreign Expats in Pattaya, as per the Government's instructions, and when are they going to inform the Expat community about them?

The don't have a system in place because they can't be bothered. Hospitals can register foreigners, especially if they ave medical records there. Do they think they will be flooded with thousands of foreigners climbing over eacher for a jab of sinovac? 

28 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

Welcome to the merry-go-round.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2021 at 4:53 PM, DavisH said:

The don't have a system in place because they can't be bothered. Hospitals can register foreigners, especially if they ave medical records there. Do they think they will be flooded with thousands of foreigners climbing over eacher for a jab of sinovac? 

My medical records are with my GP back home, have been for over 20 years.

So nobody here has any of my records-- which hospital do I register at ?

On 5/31/2021 at 4:40 PM, peterrabbit said:

All will be revealed on the 7th.

• 2 weeks later...

As matters stand many British expatriates, some elderly and vulnerable, are still unable to obtain vaccination.Hospitals for whatever reason won't accept most of them.The Thai government sites don't really work.Most British expatriates don't have pink cards and in any case the Mor Phrom app defeated most.Meanwhile Richard Barrow notes today on twitter

"Good to see the ambassadors of France and Belgium meeting with the Public Health Minister to discuss vaccinating their citizens in #Thailand. It looks like the meeting had some possible good news for French and Belgian expats. Will other embassies now do the same?"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jayboy said:

As matters stand many British expatriates, some elderly and vulnerable, are still unable to obtain vaccination.Hospitals for whatever reason won't accept most of them.The Thai government sites don't really work.Most British expatriates don't have pink cards and in any case the Mor Phrom app defeated most.Meanwhile Richard Barrow notes today on twitter

"Good to see the ambassadors of France and Belgium meeting with the Public Health Minister to discuss vaccinating their citizens in #Thailand. It looks like the meeting had some possible good news for French and Belgian expats. Will other embassies now do the same?"

Meanwhile........

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57436535

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, jayboy said:

I note from Twitter that the meeting was not about importing vaccines but more about the Belgian and French Embassies looking to protect their most vulnerable residents in Thailand.

HI, 

Given this recent press release:

"On June 11, Thailand’s public health minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, told the press that he had met with the French Ambassador to Thailand and that the embassy was discussing the process of importing 10,000 doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for French nationals aged 45+ in Thailand.

Anutin said that the department of Disease Control agrees to the basic principle and that the vaccines could arrive by at the end of June.

He added that ANY country which is able to take care of its citizens can import vaccines which are registered with Thailand’s FDA to inoculate their nationals.

Anutin said an inoculation provision by an embassy can be undertaken at any medical facility and does not need to be on embassy grounds.
"

And also, Boris's willingness to supply for foreigners, in the UK and abroad.

Could you ask the British government to supply some for British citizens here?

Thanks

54 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

HI, 

Given this recent press release:

"On June 11, Thailand’s public health minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, told the press that he had met with the French Ambassador to Thailand and that the embassy was discussing the process of importing 10,000 doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for French nationals aged 45+ in Thailand.

Anutin said that the department of Disease Control agrees to the basic principle and that the vaccines could arrive by at the end of June.

He added that ANY country which is able to take care of its citizens can import vaccines which are registered with Thailand’s FDA to inoculate their nationals.

Anutin said an inoculation provision by an embassy can be undertaken at any medical facility and does not need to be on embassy grounds.
"

And also, Boris's willingness to supply for foreigners, in the UK and abroad.

Could you ask the British government to supply some for British citizens here?

Thanks

Don't hold your breath.  Remember we all left the UK and as far as the UK Government and British Embassy are concerned, we have ceased to exist or be of any concern.  But that dosn't stop them charging us Income Tax!

Edited by Havenstreet1940

On 6/12/2021 at 10:06 AM, bprinceuk said:

image.png.8a6629f5abc97d371c9799a34716d3a1.png

The UK Government can provide 100 million doses of vaccinations to poorer countries, but cannot send vaccination doses to their Embassy/Consulates to assist in the vaccination of British Expats. Shame on you Boris Johnson.

British Expats can, I think, be forgiven for coming to the conclusion that they shall only be vaccinated with the blessing of the powers-that-be both locally to where they live and back in the UK after everyone else on this great planet of ours have received both their jabs. ???? 

• Like 1