Thai subtitles or preferably dual language (English/Thai) subtitles?

Mrs and stepdaughter speak conversational English. Unfortunately, even with English subtitles they struggle with an English language movie. My hearing is such that I need English subtitles. Enjoyed watching ‘The Serpent’. They wanted to but couldn’t. None of us like action films such as ‘Fast and Furious’. They say they don’t like horror but I believe they would like the now vintage and classic Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing films as I do mainly for the sets, costumes and sound effects. They've never heard of ‘Sherlock Holmes’ or ‘Doctor Jekyll and Mr Hyde’. Do other members experience similar? Any recommendations for finding Thai subtitles?

I am half deaf so I appreciate Netflix for having ENG subs for ENG programs. Unfortunately I cannot share a Netflix program with my Thai friends because they cannot read English quickly enough.

So, if they see me watching something in English that looks entertaining, they have to go the other TV and watch it with ENG audio and TH subs.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 12:26 AM, mahjongguy said:

I am half deaf so I appreciate Netflix for having ENG subs for ENG programs. Unfortunately I cannot share a Netflix program with my Thai friends because they cannot read English quickly enough.

So, if they see me watching something in English that looks entertaining, they have to go the other TV and watch it with ENG audio and TH subs.

Ah! Two televisions. Good idea. Thank you very much.