Last week in the Consular Team #17

On 5/13/2021 at 9:29 AM, British Consular Team said:

...a British man whose passport had been retained by a local gym

Who does an ordinary British passport belong to? Her Majesty's Government or the individual named in the passport?

On 5/13/2021 at 9:29 AM, British Consular Team said:

In the past two weeks, we provided 47 notarial services

I am aware that I should (or possibly even do know the answer) is certification of original documents to enable a UK pension provider to move payments to my new bank, included.

• Confused 1

"Prime Minister has re-confirmed Thailand’s commitment to equal access to vaccines for all living in Thailand, including British Nationals."

When the local clinic was registering my wife for vaccine yesterday, she tried to register me, a 10yr resident in the area, and was told that there was no plan to vaccinate any Farangs, but I was to wait for a letter from my embassy.  Does PM Prayuth know what is going on or is this his normal saying anything that he hopes will sound good to the media.

I have registered with my local private hospital and hope that they will have some vaccine soon.

• Confused 1

On 5/17/2021 at 1:16 PM, foreverlomsak said:

I am aware that I should (or possibly even do know the answer) is certification of original documents to enable a UK pension provider to move payments to my new bank, included.

Do you need to have such documents certified? I've moved my pension payments, both state and private, around quite a bit in the last few years and I've never had to call upon the the British embassy for their assistance.

A letter or phone call is all that is required.

On 5/18/2021 at 2:44 PM, Robin said:

"Prime Minister has re-confirmed Thailand’s commitment to equal access to vaccines for all living in Thailand, including British Nationals."

When the local clinic was registering my wife for vaccine yesterday, she tried to register me, a 10yr resident in the area, and was told that there was no plan to vaccinate any Farangs, but I was to wait for a letter from my embassy.  Does PM Prayuth know what is going on or is this his normal saying anything that he hopes will sound good to the media.

I have registered with my local private hospital and hope that they will have some vaccine soon.

I've had no such problem. In fact they came to our house to collect our details.

28 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I've had no such problem. In fact they came to our house to collect our details.

Similarly, we had a visit, took the wifes details, werent sure about me, but took the info anyway and said they would let us know.