Returning to thailand from Taiwan, best covid insurance options

Ok 2 questions here, I’m expecting to return to thailand early next month (3rd) from Taiwan on a retirement extension with multi reentry permit , current permission to stay expires on Jan 6th 2022 

any recommendations for best deals for covid travel insurance available covering that period..

also is there such a travel insurance available that will cover for future returning trips to thailand covering departures from various countries during my permission to stay period thus avoiding this crazy situation of purchasing a seperate covid travel insurance for the full duration each occasion I return from business travels,?

Edited by jonnyscot

You can't get travel insurance for more than one trip, each policy is trip specific.

There are basically 3 ways to meet this requirement:

1. General health insurance that does not exclude COVID. (most don't). If you already have general health insurance you might nto need a separate policy for COPVID, check with your insurer to see if COVID is included.

2. Travel insurance, ditto. A number of people have used Safety Wings but they will not insure past age 69.  https://safetywing.com/nomad-insurance/pricing

3. COVID  specific policy such as those listed here   https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail    As yo uare coming for more than 6 months would have to buy policy for one year

For #1 and 2, your age is important and may limit your options. #3 age no problem.

• Thanks 2

I have insurance that covers me whilst in thailand as required, but as I understand I do require additional covid travel insurance in order to qualify me for the COE,

Edited by jonnyscot

On 5/14/2021 at 12:24 PM, jonnyscot said:

I have insurance that covers me whilst in thailand as required, but as I understand I do require additional covid travel insurance in order to qualify me for the COE,

If your current insurance does not exclude COVID and is for at least $100k US per year you can use that. It is not required to have 2 different policies nor does the COVID cover need to be a travel policy. 

However if what you have in Thailand is just the 400/40k baht cover then you will need additional as the level of cover is not enough.

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If your current insurance does not exclude COVID and is for at least $100k US per year you can use that. It is not required to have 2 different policies nor does the COVID cover need to be a travel policy. 

However if what you have in Thailand is just the 400/40k baht cover then you will need additional as the level of cover is not enough.

The Thailand Trade and Economic Office in Taipei used to require 2 insurance certificates. 

If your current insurance does not exclude COVID and is for at least $100k US per year you can use that. But they still want a 400/40 certificate.  It can be from the same insurance company. 

1 hour ago, jonnyscot said:

Can someone confirm the “fit to fly” doc no longer needed ? I see on the thaiest.com  website says not now required ? 

Confirm - no longer a requirement to enter Thailand.